Chat Bubble Sometimes Not Working

This happened since around January this year, where you can see some people’s bubble chats but some people’s bubble chats can’t be seen. I’ve tried searching everywhere for solutions but this seems to only be happening to our game.

1 Like

Are there any scripts in-game that has anything to do with chatting or bubble chats, or is this just a random issue that occurred?

1 Like

I don’t think so, so probably random.

1 Like

I joined the game for a while, and everything seems to be functional - although it’s hard to pinpoint whose bubblechat in the server isn’t working.

Maybe this is a client-sided issue? You can try to delete the Roblox AppData folder:

Delete the Roblox folder

If you are having a particularly persistent problem, it may be helpful to fully remove the Roblox folder after uninstalling to make sure there are not any corrupted or outdated files left over. You can do this by following the steps below:

1. Right click on the start button and click Explore or File Explorer
  2. Navigate to this folder : C:\Users(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Local
  3. Delete the Roblox folder

Note: This should not delete any places that you may have saved in Studio unless you have manually chosen to save them in this folder.

1 Like

I will try this and get back to you, thank you so much!

1 Like

Ah wait, I don’t really think it’s client-sided since most people experience this bug. But adding on, you can see your own bubble even if other people can’t see it.

1 Like

if theres any scripts that relate to chat, delete them and try

1 Like

There aren’t any scripts that change the chat or anything

1 Like

Could you perhaps share these instances when the bubble chat doesn’t work for a specific user? Maybe a screenshot or a video?

1 Like

I don’t have anything atm, but basically we can see their chat in the chat box but not the bubble itself. I’ll try to get a video of it when possible.

1 Like

Update: This seems to only be happening to players in a certain team, “Chairperson”. You can’t see bubble chats of people in this team. There’s no script that affects chats for certain teams, so I’m not sure why this is happening.

Do you have any Scripts that just modify the chat in any way (e.g. sending chats)?

No, there aren’t any scripts that modify the chat system

I just took a look at your game and saw that there were server messages being sent through the chat. Maybe that could be the issue?

Hm, I’ll look into that thanks!

I thought about it but the chat bug started before the server messages

The game currently uses the legacy chat system, might that be the problem?

You can try to ensure that the Properties BubbleChatEnabled is set to true for the depreciated Chat service by manually forking the ChatModule script in-game. See:

Hey, thanks for the help, but this unfortunately didn’t work.

I think the issue is that the chat bubble goes to the floor above, making other players unable to see your chats.