Chat Bubbles Don't Disappear/Show

As of this morning, several users are reporting a bug related to chat bubbled in my game. Some of the users are saying chat bubbles stay above their head forever without disappearing, while other users report that chat bubbles aren’t showing up at all.

Some users are even saying they can fix it by re-enabling their PC time setting to set automatically. See image below.

Game: Emergency Response: Liberty County - Roblox

3 Likes

For context, we run into this issue using Chat Service’s :Chat() on the client, calling it on the Character of a player. It’s not easily reproduceable since it doesn’t happen to everyone.

Thanks for the report. We are actively working on triaging and fixing the problem. We believe the device clock being out of sync could also be a contributing factor here, do you have any evidence/inputs that might provide useful information here towards that theory?

This issue also occurs in a studio play test for my own game and others’ games as well. The chat bubbles appear in-game, but not in the play test. I do not believe the server is receiving the chat messages, as no Chatted event recognizes the message.