Chat bubbles z-index surface gui's

Not sure exactly how to describe this glitch, but the bubbles seem to fight with the surface gui’s for some reason.

Place: http://www.roblox.com/Labs-place?id=143704469

SurfaceGuis are rendered after effects like Fire, I’m pretty sure, so that’s why you’re seeing these effects. You could make a custom bubble chat which ‘fixes’ this.

Not always, they’re billboard GUIs if I remember correctly.

Not always, they’re billboard GUIs if I remember correctly.[/quote]

SurfaceGuis aren’t BillboardGuis. SurfaceGuis are amongst the last of the things rendered, I’m pretty sure.

SurfaceGuis aren’t BillboardGuis. SurfaceGuis are amongst the last of the things rendered, I’m pretty sure.[/quote]

I’m describing the chat bubbles :slight_smile:

SurfaceGuis aren’t BillboardGuis. SurfaceGuis are amongst the last of the things rendered, I’m pretty sure.[/quote]

I’m describing the chat bubbles :-)[/quote]

Oh. Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: Since I was describing how SurfaceGuis act (as far as I know) I thought you was responding to what I said.

All 3D GUI objects (SurfaceGUI, BillboardGUI, chat bubbles) should be depth-sorted (they are rendered after the 3D world though, including transparent parts and particles).

The problem is that the sorting is using the part coordinate frame, so if you have a big part with a surface gui, you can have incorrect order for small UI elements close to the surface gui :frowning:

[quote] All 3D GUI objects (SurfaceGUI, BillboardGUI, chat bubbles) should be depth-sorted (they are rendered after the 3D world though, including transparent parts and particles).

The problem is that the sorting is using the part coordinate frame, so if you have a big part with a surface gui, you can have incorrect order for small UI elements close to the surface gui :frowning: [/quote]

Is there a way to fix this on my end?

[quote] All 3D GUI objects (SurfaceGUI, BillboardGUI, chat bubbles) should be depth-sorted (they are rendered after the 3D world though, including transparent parts and particles).

The problem is that the sorting is using the part coordinate frame, so if you have a big part with a surface gui, you can have incorrect order for small UI elements close to the surface gui :frowning: [/quote]

Is it not possible to use ZIndex to correctly display them? I feel like this is something that should be occurring.
Can we expect them to be depth-sorted at any point? Also, the issue still exists where two pieces of glass are on top of one another and the bottom one if shown over the top.

If caught on the correct angle, they render above parts as well.