Chat descaled on mobile when loaded in landscape mode

The chat window is too small and the messages are overscaled. This makes the chat quite a nuisance to use.
This issue seems to only appear if the chat loads while the phone is in landscape mode. This can be achieved by either locking the phone into landscape or, even simpler, place teleporting. If the chat loads before the screen rotates into landscape, it’s scaled properly.
(Chat is not forked nor modified through scripts at all)

This screenshot was taken on a Samsung Galaxy M31, running the latest patch of Android 10 / One UI 2.0. I’ve noticed the same issues on a Realme X2 running Android 9 before.
I wasn’t able to replicate the overlapping messages issue after taking the screenshot, although it wasn’t the only time it occured either.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Have there been any updates on this? It’s almost been two months since it’s been reviewed and it is still happening on my phone. This is exremely annoying because the chat box text is blown up and only a few lines are visible at a time.

I would also like to add that when you teleport between games, the desktop version of the chat box loads on mobile instead of the mobile version. When I tried changing settings for the mobile chat box on the place you teleport to nothing happened. When I changed the desktop chat box settings, it also applied to mobile. So clearly the phone/mobile version of the chat does not load in the place you teleport to when teleporting between places.

I’ve tried setting the initial place to portrait mode and then teleporting to my other place in landscape orientation and the glitch still occurs. Hope this info helps.

There has been an update from the engineers: “This issue will most likely be addressed early 2021”
When there is more information to pass on i will pass it on.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. Yes this bug still occurs. Here is a screenshot from my phone after teleporting to a game from another game.

Alright, when there is an update to this issue i will pass the info on.

2 Likes

Do you have any updates on this? It’s still happening today.

This is still happening to me today, is this still being looked into? It has been a few months but unfortunately this bug still exists.