Chat, simple. | Redesigned & Better Chat System [Early Feedback]

chat, simple’s Early Feedback

chat, simple is a TextChatService redesign. chat, simple enhances the UI and adds more features to fill in the desires of the user.

Let’s dive in to the Highlighted Features;

Mention players to alert them!

Mention other players (or even yourself) by typing the command trigger “/@”, Mention Panel will be pulled up showing you listed players in the server! :people_wrestling:

Clicking them will remove the command trigger and will show up a purple tag label that shows the Display Name of the player but this will also replace the Send, and Emoji Button (I suggest mentioning player will be your last step) :label:

A little extra, if you tagged someone, the message you’ll sent will have a little tag after your name (as seen in the picture) if you see it being Purple that means it’s you, the one is tagged but if it’s gray then it’s not you.

Mediasss! Audios & Imagess!

With this chat system you are able to send Audios, and Images!! Express those excessive message with images. Entertain your friends by sending them the vine boom!

Extras!!!

Chat Nesting / Chat Grouping is also a noticeable appearance of chat, simple. It is where your messages were grouped into your profile to clean the interface but after a certain of seconds (def. 30)s since you last messaged then it would create another nest / group.

Emoji Zoom! If your message is only emojis then it would be enlarged!

Continuous Sending!! Have you ever felt the urge to spill the tea fast? If you send a message 2 in a row by just clicking enter in your keyboard you will enter the Continuous Sending it just means after you send the message it will focus on the chat field again and again making you continuously type and send.

That’s three of the major features highlighted from chat, simple. Let me know if you like them or not or possible suggestions. Thanks!

[DUE TO UNFORTUNATE REASONS, THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN DROPPED OFF]

15 Likes

This looks like an amazing asset so far, I do want to highlight the importance that your product is customizable for the sake of reaching all people’s needs. I do think that it will bring in needed accessibility for those with impaired vision or color problems.

Looking forward to seeing this released!
Fill

5 Likes

It would be interesting to have such a function :yum:

1. text size change: stepless or step, like IG’s story text size change UI.

2. Dynamic stamping function: play an effect when a specific Emoji is typed or a dedicated button is pressed (e.g., a balloon.png will fly up on the chat screen when a balloon stamp is pressed)

3. image inking feature: If a user sets the Spoiler before sending an image, the image will be sent in ink and the content will not be displayed until the user clicks on it.

I am impressed every time by the high quality of the UI you produce. You have inspired me to think about spending a considerable amount of time to improve the quality of the UI production :joy:.

1 Like

Oh what part of the product is this? I didn’t notice… Thanks for the time and feedback you put out! :sparkling_heart:

This is definitely be going to my todo list!

hmmm… this is interesting so if you type a balloon emoji for example everyone (or the person you tagged) would see it?.. I’ll take into consideration cause it sounds cool on paper!

so it’s like a discord’s spoiler feature? I’ll add this one probably too…

Thank you for replying. I will explain each idea! :point_down:

• Dynamic stamping function :balloon::cake::candle:
    I believe there are two ways to do this: simply play the effect when a single emoji is sent, or play the effect by detecting a specific emoji from a string of text.
    Another unique way would be to play the effect as a reaction, as in this image! (However, I think it needs to be adjusted because too many effects due to spam submissions or button mashing will worsen the visibility of the message lol)
    [▲ Reaction button like this / images from Apple]
    1e9b24254555b6be9e1fdfaf8f5b16
    [▲ The stamp effect like this / images from Twitter]

• Image inking feature :black_nib::art:
    This idea is the same as the Discord’s Spoiler. I called it “inking feature” for its uniqueness.
    I thought that a Spoiler with a blurred media like Discord’s would be high load processing for some low-end devices, so I thought it would be more intuitive and unique if the Spoiler looked like it was hidden by the ink!

1 Like

I can’t wait for this to be open sourced!

For confidential reasons, this project has been dropped.

why did you stop? And are you willing to drop the work you have already done?

1 Like

Yeah it would be highly appreciated to release what you have done so far and let someone else continue it.

1 Like

As a person who also made their own custom chat system, you should definitely release it if it’s usable. The UI design is awesome and other developers would be more than glad to build upon that UI.

5 Likes