Chat tags with TextChatService

I would like to know how I could use chat tags on the server side using TextChatService. I need this because I am using it for a rank which I am getting from a datastore, and you cannot use datastores on the client-side. (I know it’s possible to use remotevents to request data from the server and then set the chat tag on the client, but that seems awfully complicated for this). Is there any way I can create chat tags on the server?

I have tried to do this myself and unfortunately doesn’t seem like it.

OnIncomingMessage is client-side only, and in my own games, I have a big table of everyone and their chat tags on the client and incorporated it into my datastore routine. Once a player joins everyone’s tables update simultaneously. It’s very tedious but it works.

You can either do that or use LegacyChatService which does let you modify that on the server, but you lose access to things such as TextChatCommands and the like.

yeah using a system like this is what I was trying to avoid, trying to find a different solution that is simpler.

I don’t think that another solution does exist, sorry. There’s probably a resource out there that does it for you though.

There is an example in here.