Chat with voice & Audio API [Update]

There’s also barely any optimization as well as a whole plethora of things which are very much needed.

29 Likes

is there any estimation on when chat with voice will exit the beta?

28 Likes

This is long overdue and I’m excited to hear that this is finally on the way.

33 Likes

with you guys working on this, will we be able to change how and where the voice is heard? so the users voice can be heard through a speaker or an intercom?

34 Likes

When will you be unbanning users who got banned during the voice chat beta?

Myself and a few friends of mine have been falsely mass reported before and banned from using VC “until the end of the beta” and I believe everyone affected would appreciate some transparency.

32 Likes

My god, please just fix this, it’s all I ask. I was here for not even a minute and I got suspended.

49 Likes

What did you say in VC?

Although this feature is cool, I don’t see spatial voice APIs getting a widespread use due to compatibility issues. Not every user has access to it.

Though this does sound cool:

with the addition of playback ranges for the Sound instance.

37 Likes

Moderation is probably still being tweaked, and there is a patent filed by roblox for real time voice chat censoring. Maybe once this is in place we’ll get hopefully get an API soon for chat channels and non spatial voices.

37 Likes

Other companies have tried similar for automated automation with no luck, not that long ago.

34 Likes

I was actually about to make a feature-request post about this. Fortunately, I came across your post. Please make sure that developers can mute players, but not unmute them (for security reasons, I guess??).

35 Likes

Ever since Voice Chat has been released, people have been getting banned from it with zero evidence. At this point, I would suggest temporarily disabling it for all accounts until the Report Anything updates go live, to ensure the safety of those who are old enough to use it.

59 Likes

Any updates? It’s into the “next few months” period now.

I’d love to, after ~2 years, finally have an API to work with for voice chat.

49 Likes

Ahem

https://twitter.com/MaXimumADHD/status/1683618738644426757

52 Likes

As a staff member, do you have anything to say on how the current moderation of voice chat actually works?

44 Likes

Are there any plans to give us access to a live transcription of what a player is saying?

This would open up many possibilities for unique games to roblox.

37 Likes

This is cool- but the VC moderation process still needs to be fixed.

43 Likes

Cool, but the beta is over and I want my VC back like I was promised.

42 Likes

Do you have any updates on this? I would love to be able to remove that ugly little UI that appears above players, not to mention being able to add various effects to the voice chat. Surely, 3-4 months should be enough time to provide any sort of update on this, right?

Edit:

Here is a recent response to this topic. Amazing how they keep calling it beta as if the current system isn’t already claimed to be in beta.

44 Likes

The UI that appears above your character is kind of annoying…

26 Likes

Please consider adding a global keybind for mic toggling. It’s pretty annoying to go out of your way and turn on voice chat while fighting or doing something which requires high focus.

17 Likes