Chat with Voice Developer Beta

U need to verify ur age in settings then go to Roblox community space

2 Likes

Mhm, I have a verified phone number and I always have a verified form of ID.

1 Like

How Can I Trust Roblox With Using My Personal Id?
Sounds Risky To Me.
I Know Roblox Is A Big Company But Still.

Cant You Verify Your Age Through You Credit Card?

1 Like

I donā€™t think so

You need to complete all the requirements not just one of them

2 Likes

You donā€™t need to have intentions of traveling to get a passport. Iā€™ve never left the country, and I have a passport.

2 Likes

Roblox has said they do not store your ID, so Roblox isnā€™t using your ID. They clearly said they donā€™t store them, I trust that. If they ever do something with them, we can then sue them. And now, how do you know Roblox isnā€™t doing anything with your CC info, like, how do you trust Roblox and what they supposedly do with your CC info?

3 Likes

This ID verification is a terrible idea. I just want it scrapped for good. I donā€™t trust giving my ID to some 3rd party, also what if a hack occurs? Millions of IDs would be leaked for hackers to use.

3 Likes

Then just donā€™t verify, simple as that.image
As you can see, the IDs are turned into anonymized values, so they are not saved and pretty sure they wonā€™t be able to be ā€œleakedā€.

2 Likes

Was scrolling through comments just out of curiosity and figured Iā€™d let those who are 13+, live in America and do not have an ID (at least yet) know that you could just ride up to your local DMV (or schedule an appointment) and request a ā€œState IDā€ for a few bucksā€¦ It should be in your mail box within 2 weeks and you are able to verify with that. Sounds like a lot just for a video game, but Iā€™m sure if youā€™re that interested in Spatial Voice like I am, then this wouldnā€™t be a bad way to go.

2 Likes

So everyone has it you just have to join community space?

Im pretty sure that is not like that since many players including me dont have the voice chat settings in the Roblox page, can you provide some screenshots or a link to where you got that info?

1 Like

Well then, Iā€™ll speak with my parents on getting one.
Thanks for the information! :cool:

1 Like

I got access to it and added it to my game but no one will use it cause hardly any of my users have access to voice chat.

Will you ever be able to use voice chat without a ID in the future?

2 Likes

Most likely not, its just a method to keep underage users safer. Some kids could get voice chat, and leak sensitive info because there is no censor/filter.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in the beta, and I have my ID verified on the Roblox account. I have a game set to 30 playerā€™s, but it still says I am ineligible to use the Spatial Voice Feature.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s because right now verifying your age wonā€™t automatically give you voice chat. You need to be one of the selected ones to be able to use it due to it being not available for everyone yet.

3 Likes

I kinda hate that, They make anyone be able to turn it on in studio, But most people still cannot use it because of the beta, They should just make it availible for everyone who verified but arenā€™t in beta if its in studio

3 Likes

Unfortunately, No.

Filling the character requirement

2 Likes

Hi developers! Excited to share that weā€™ve released a new API that allows you to detect Voice-enabled users and customize your experience accordingly!

45 Likes

But when do we actually get to use it ourselves, seems like itā€™s been working as intended why is it still in beta?

8 Likes