Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Please check all of my previous replies related to data privacy.

Check Roblox’s privacy policy.

The company responsible will.

2 Likes

I Already check all the privacy
There are no arguments concerning this thing.

Whoever it is, your data has now been lost and resold and your other identities have been created, if it ever happens (and I hope it never does) a mess will happen.

It’s Not Safe it is useless to continue to deny it, roblox can write whatever he wants in his post but there is nothing legally correct like privacy documents or the name of the site that will take care of this.

Voice chat breaks in any public server in my game, but in vip servers it works fine.
Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

2 Likes

Completely vanilla implementation, no custom stuff here. Was told by staff to post this in this thread.

Encountered this error on joining a public server. It essentially broke voice chat for me until I left and joined a new server. It works if I’m in a public server completely alone though. Unsure how to replicate, this may be due to joining an older server after toggling on the beta.

Not sure if this is the same or different as all the other public server bugs. Currently using the new Windows app beta if that helps.

1 Like

I did not receive a private message, yet I coincidentally found out that I’ve access in settings…

1 Like

I have the same issue of broken voice chat in existing servers.

It works in private servers and the community hub.

4 Likes

If you put it this way, nothing is safe, there will always be data leaks, you might as well go live alone somewhere on a mountain.

1 Like

So I’ve looked into this, and it seems that
A. My voice chat beta access has either been revoked or accidentally removed.
B. It’s unrelated to the verification system.
Same account, no changed settings, the only thing I’ve done recently is cancel my premium subscription.

3 Likes

There were other ways instead of getting hot user data like the rest of other games do,

this is a big risk, and is only a Voice Chat in many other more games, 13-14 + year olds can talk without problems on game, Roblox is a quiet game in itself and there is no need to verify user data and put them at risk to talk.

1 Like

I’m talking about a feature where we don’t have to pay in order to upload audio, but the downside is that we can only use it in the experience we uploaded it in.

Imo I think that being able to verify people’s age only ADDS security, and if you don’t like it you can just decide not to verify your age and use voice chat lol.

1 Like

That’s an entirely different request outside of this announcement’s scope.

2 Likes

I just want to express my opinion against age verification for the millions of users who will occur putting their data at a big risk

Who knows then how many years later these data will remain somewhere in some site or perhaps some database

1 Like

This is a great feature which I cannot wait to come out to everyone and out of beta.

I do have one question which is with the ID to verify your age will there be any issues with different country ID’s? As an example I am from the UK and I think the ID may be different then other countries.

Will ID verification ever be removed for voice chat? Just wondering.

7 Likes

Not really. I suspect we could have an in-studio recording feature that could use audio and to ensure security we can use the age verification too

That still sounds out of the scope, voice chat and voice recording are both very different in both privacy and server requirements.

1 Like

So… is there simply no API for this feature? I don’t see anything regarding position or volume in the VoiceChatService and almost never use the built in character system. And since I’m not illegible, I can’t test this in any way.

2 Likes

Mic support is mic support? Would like to see a way to add filters to the in-game voice chat that would have cool effects like for example a radio effect

1 Like

Filters could be added, but I mean recording is out of the scope. Voice chat is simply routing data around, voice recording requires saving it to a file and all that entails. If they did add voice recordings, it would still likely either cost robux, or be very limited.

1 Like