Chatify - A plugin for Team Create

[6/2/2024] UPDATE:

Hey guys, I haven't touched this project in a while cause I completely gave up on it. This is due to me realizing the stuff some people said in their posts on this thread, which is saying that other platforms exist than using this plugin. Also, the update in the Changelogs hasn't been posted at all, cause again I gave up on this plugin, but today I will release the changes in that said thread, and maybe stop working on this completely. (until someone asks for a feature of some sort.)

Chatify

Link

Summary

A plugin where you can use bubble chat to talk to your Team Create partners in real-time.

Uses

It’s very useful when your Team Create users don’t respond to your messages in Team Chat or anywhere outside studio, so instead, you talk to them inside the studio while they do their work, so you don’t interrupt their work at all!

Examples

It has a fading out animation after the bubble lifetime runs out. (you can change the lifetime in the settings as well)

Text filtering, but it’s not perfect.

You can also change the appearance of how your bubble chat looks! (the only thing making this plugin not look plain)

And, finally some screenshots of how the plugin looks

Screenshot 2024-03-17 212817

If you have suggestions on what I can add to this plugin to make it better, feel free to leave a post!
7 Likes

Team Chat already exists built in, only benefit this seems to have is bubblechat. Also are there chat logs?

3 Likes

Well yeah, duh. There are times when devs don’t open their Team Chat at all or don’t use it, so that’s why this plugin has bubble chat to directly talk to the others instead of using the built-in chat.

No, but that’s a good idea. I’ll implement it in the next update.

There is already a built-in team create chat.

2 Likes

Maybe read the post and other replies before you make your own?

3 Likes

Oh it’s because of the name. My bad i’ll change it to something else

I think you could have a better chance making this like a discord bot + plug-in, so whenever someone chats in a server or something it goes into studio as bubble chat.

Also the UI is more like a circle, could you try making it more like actual bubble chat.

1 Like

Hey! I’m assuming you made yours off of my Team Create Bubble Chat plugin, Thank you! This one is so much better haha!

I once had an idea of making something like this. Cool you made it first but it seems that a few people would benefit as first roblox has a built in (I know most people don’t see it.) Next we have guis by which most devs talks to each other I guess. With this the 3D Text plugin. And the main thing is discord. I am sure atleast 70% of all teams would use discord.

Actually (I’m genuine with saying this, I’m really not lying), I didn’t even know you had a plugin like this before I posted this one. I only found out after I made the plugin, that you already have one made. But hey, your plugin is pretty awesome too honestly

1 Like

Nice plugin, always had to chat in third-party applications to communicate with people in-studio. Becuase built-in sucks.
Also, could I recreate this plugin?

I guess you could try to recreate it. I dont mind

Hey guys, turns out i COMPLETELY forgot to turn on “Distribute on Creator Store”. It’s turned on now, the plugin should be available.