ChatMessage page missing important properties

The ChatMessage DevHub page is missing documentation about important properties that are very useful. The following properties are missing:

FilterResult - a TextFilterResult instance returned by calling FilterStringAsync on the message
SpeakerUserId - UserId of the user who sent the message
IsFilterResult - value of whether or not the message has been filtered(?)

I am unsure if my description of the last one is quite correct as I haven’t checked it enough to be sure.

These properties are very much important because, unless the game disables filtering, attempting to retrieve the .Message property will always result in a nil value. By following the documentation, that means that there would be no other way to retrieve the message sent, which is incorrect. By adding these properties it would become apparent that you can retrieve the message, regardless of if it has been filtered or not.

5 Likes

Thank you for submitting this report. We are currently reviewing all bug reports to ensure we have not overlooked any ongoing issues. Since this issue was reported over two years ago, can you please confirm you are still experiencing the problem? If so, please respond to this thread, and we will investigate. If we do not receive any response within 30 days, we will consider this matter resolved. Thank you.