Chatted fired on client when using whisper

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Client fires the Chatted event on all clients even when using whisper not to them. I expect that clients should probably not even fire the Chatted event at all, but at the very least it should only fire when the client should receive it. IE Not fire on Red team when Blue team uses team chat or P1 doesn’t receive a whisper from P2 to P3

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

Every time.

This is annoying my playerbase as your friendly neighbourhood exploiters can listen into all messages when on a game that is using bubble chat and can hear private conversations.

2 Likes

This is still happening, and is definitely a bug because the chat system has features in place to create private channels so user’s are not able to spy on other’s messages.

However, these efforts are completely negated by this line of code (which is responsible for firing .Chatted)(This line can be found in “ChatMain”):

In order, the system works like: .Chatted is fired → switches to the “To player” channel → sends the message privately.

I’ve attempted to correct this behavior, however it just seems like a major design flaw and it would have to be re-worked.

2 Likes