Chatter | Simple open sourced chat system made for everyone!

Chatter

A simple open sourced chat system

Chatter is a simple open sourced chat system made in 2018 which is based on Roblox’s old chat system design but meanwhile maintaining the design to be new and modern.

Why use Chatter?

• You think Roblox’s chat system is not good for your game
  • Even though you put the window in the bottom left, it doesn’t look good
  • You want to find something custom, to see if it’s cool

Features Chatter has

• Group rank displayer
  • Team rank displayer
  • System announcement when player joined and player left.
  • Filtering system (Of course.)
  • Anti-blank message

FYI

This project is considered as abandoned, as we've achieved the goal of Chatter.

Installation

Chatter can be installed by plugin or manually

Plugin link can be found here: Chatter - Roblox
Place link:
Chatter-Final-1.2.rbxl (31.1 KB)

Both methods are pretty much the same but I suggest using the plugin as it will install everything by a click.

Problems, issues?

Post it here or contact me at Twitter: @Nakogls
41 Likes

What’s your filtering system like? Do you filter out words like “F.REE R.OBUX” or would we have do add that in?

5 Likes

It’s the standard filtering roblox suggests for all chat system

5 Likes

Since this is open sourced, will I be able filter words that I also deem as inappropriate such as words with special characters that ROBLOX doesn’t tag all the time?

3 Likes

This looks really cool, but how would I put it in a different corner?

Maybe, if you implement a custom filtering system.

What do you mean by that? Elaborate, please.

I meant as in another corner of the screen, like the tradition top left. Also, where do I set up chat ranks?

1 Like

The chat rank settings are in the client side, which should be called ClientScript, or something, in textbox.

If you want to set to another position, simply move the container box to the position you want it to be.

1 Like

One more thing, I don’t think you should use the word abandoned as it implies being broken and unused. I think you should say something more on the lines as finalized. Great plugin btw :happy4:

1 Like

Abandoned is basically not maintaining development support on it, and yeah, it’s pretty much the final version so that’s why it’s being abandoned.

1 Like

This looks really cool actually!

1 Like

I just installed the plugin and there is no filtering. I can say anything I want in chat. I mean I would include an example, but yeah…

1 Like

Studio don’t have filtering. Only client has.

1 Like

Oh, so it’ll work if I play the game from the website?

1 Like

Also, is there any way to get rid of the [NIL] because I don’t use groups in my game.

nvm, I had the team setting on

Yeah, I tried it and it doesn’t work in studio, but works fine in client.