Check if player came back from a restarted server

Hi. I’m making a game where people can toggle an option to continuously do something. Sometimes I need to restart the game but when roblox joins a player back, they will not be doing that continuous thing anymore, they would have to click the option again, but they could be AFK. It’s not supposed to save when they leave on their own accord though, only when the server has restarted, then when they join a new server, they continue to do the continuous thing. How can I do this?

2 Likes

DataStoreService

2 Likes

No, that’s not what I’m saying. I need to know specifically if the game had restarted the servers beforehand, so it doesn’t keep going if they just leave and join back, but it does keep going if It wasn’t their own action.

1 Like

Send Parameter In TeleportService Like “String” Or Something And Then Get It On New Server.

For Example: TeleportService:Teleport(placeid,player, teleportdata(string or something to know that player is from restarted server), customloadingscreen(if there is any))

TeleportService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

I thought of this but I’m using the “Shutdown all servers” option, which shut’s down every server and re-joins every player, would I have to try to perform a re-join and shutdown before it does that? Unless there’s a way to know idk.

1 Like

Managed to make it work, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.