Check out my Single-Player horror game!

It’s still in work, after the light flickers that’s about it. I just wanna ask if the game has potential cause if not, I’d make another game because as I can see it the story line is not leading anywhere.

I just wanna hear insights and suggestions :slight_smile:
(I’m a bit rusty on scripting due to inactivity for 2 years so please don’t bully me :frowning: ))

9 Likes

The footsteps sent a shiver down my spine! Lol
You should make a bobbing effect when you walk around, that would really spice up the horror!
Great Game too, keep it up :smiley:

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion, and lmao didn’t the jumpscare scared you? only the footsteps gave you thrill?

It’s really great!!

Definitely keep the idea - I’m really intrigued to see where you take this.

Maybe change the building a little bit, add a bit more detail to the building exterior and lobby (maybe cut down on the use of marble material). Otherwise, it’s really good :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome so far, very immerse experience!

Here are a couple of things I noted:

• The footsteps sound on the carpet is a little bit obnoxious as if the character is lifting up the carpet as he is walking. Try manipulating the sound.
  • The footsteps on the sofa sound like walking in glass or something, but it sure doesn’t sound soft. Try a different sound.
  • The bed blanket (the little white part) in the room upstairs sounds like water when walked on it.
  • After the little doll incident, you can go behind the receptionist’s counter and push him around!
  • I believe that after the horror happens, the music should warp a little bit (like distort is a little).

You did say that the flickering lights is the current end, but I have an idea that you can implement: the receptionist is the doll!

Other than that, I see great potential in this game!

P.S. If you would like some tips on increasing the horror even more, then check out my topic:

Happy April Foo’ls!

1 Like

I only had 10 seconds to play until my mum asked me to help her with something, ill play again

1 Like

Oh gosh the Jumpscare was unsettling, good job XD

2 Likes

yeah lol, ive saved that thread a while ago and im still looking on it to get ideas on how to make my game scarier

1 Like

hmm is this an honest review? or is this sarcasm?

well im not really a smarty when it comes to building, but ill try my best to add more detail :')

very spoooky

I like the concept of hotels and long hallways. Now i dont get scared too easily, but the jumpscare was quite unsettling. Well made!

On the technical side, there seems to be a few bugs. During the first time i played, it seemed like only the left door was openable, and since i touched the right door, i wasnt able to get in the hotel, forcing me to rejoin the game. Another thing, i get teleported to a Loading Place and then get teleported back to the game, so i assume there are some unwanted scripts in your game, try looking for TeleportService!

Overall, it suuure has some potential, after the jumpscare, i was still looking for more.

Dont worry, i also worry that people will roast me for my code whenever i post here

1 Like

I don’t get it, One Person hide and seek? Is it like you’re playing hide and seek with a serial killer? Not trying to be rude tho.

1 Like

lol ye it was my friend’s idea to name it that, the concept of the game is basically a doll is summoned from the depths of hell and the player has to hide something like that.

thanks, wdym by forcing you to rejoin the game? I mean I purposely programmed it to only open on the left door.

Like yeah, I like saw the telport service function being called out on the output but I didn’t even put any free models in my game.

I’m kinda a big scaredy cat! Only the comments of people are scaring me and the fact of being alone…

1 Like

Try it for yourself to see if it’s actually scary. Me myself don’t actually find it scary in any way, idk maybe because it’s not scary or because of the fact that I coded it and I know what events are to occur already.

What? No! Its an honest response.

1 Like

The hallways are a bit big the jump scare well i had my volume on max and scared the life out of me.After that i started walking around and pushed the receptionist around.Is there something that happens after this?

1 Like

hehe feels good to have someone scared from my game, nope after everything goes black after the scare, thats about it nothing happens around the receptionist.

tbh I dont know what to do with the story line anymore xD

yeah ok well at least still block off the staff area I can still push the receptionist.

1 Like