Check Out System?

I’m sure you’ve all seen those hotel groups. Or even cafes. Currently, I’m working on my own group within the same sort of role play feeling. However, it’s a music store. With hotel groups, you have things like Check Me In to easily give rooms to members. This is something that’s been on my mind for quite some time.

I have no clue what sort of system I would use where staff can give members their desired musical instrument. Something that obviously can’t be abused. I’m thinking of a :give command, but there would be too many things for them to memorize for that. I would sort of like something like Check Me In. You give their username in a UI, and you choose what sort of thing they get.

Obviously a music store is something no one’s ever done before. My mind blanks every time I try to think of what to do for this. I’m hoping the lovely members of Devforum could help me brainstorm. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I’d first imagine that the design of give system would be very similar to that of the custom room availability menu on CheckMeIn. I imagine three columns of items with a picture of each item and a label tag under it. I tried modeling this in Google Docs as best as I can:

As for what you might do… that’s actually a really good question. The shop itself probably will have nothing in it, however you might add a random song play every time you click while holding the instrument or have a menu of songs that the instrument can play. Not really sure what else you could add to a music shop but best of luck!

Do you think it’s possible to customize CheckMeIn to give the instruments instead of room cards?

Perhaps it is as simple as a GUI with a text box that checks the player name you put in, then if it matches, it clones the instrument and places it into the players backpack. You could also add a cool down or something that checks if they have an instrument and doesn’t give them another.

Much appreciated. <3 Wasn’t sure about this as I don’t script. I do know how to edit it to do that though.

I’d be willing to help free of charge. I am not the best scripter either, but this seems fairly simple.

I’ll shoot you a DM if I need it. :slight_smile:

Okay! I’ll work on it regardless if you need it or not, as I am always trying to figure out if I can do stuff, lol.

A music store where you can buy and play instruments would be quite cool, maybe make a large cooldown on how long they can pick up instruments. I like the idea of this kind of thing as many group game cafes and hotels are generic and don’t have much thought behind them. I think a large cooldown on how often you can get an instrument would stop it from being abused, workers in the music store could have access to a UI when they click on a player to give them the instument.

Great idea, I like it, hope my feedback helps!

Able to spare a non-scripter the time to find a tutorial on YouTube, and show me the script? XD

If you want I can make a script and post it here later

Would be highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

User clicks on the instrument on the shelf (or a UI hoverign above it)
V
Game saves what instruments they select in some sort of script or StringValues
V
They go to the checkout
V
The staff have a UI, that tells them who’s infront of them, and they deliver their products. An economy system could also work
V
Game awards them the item

Ask me if you need any more help or need help scripting it.

That’s actually super smart. I’m obviously not able to script something like that though lol. I’ll talk to some of my friends like Kensizo to see if he’s able to. Jesus though. That’s such a good idea. I didn’t even know something like that would be possible since it’s obviously going to need to save a lot of information per user.