Checking user badges question

I’ve been attempting to utilize the new “LIVE” update for “CheckUserBadgesAsync”
https://gyazo.com/d7f8f342f976270ab039e1610cf05bb5

Every time I attempt to use it, this error appears
https://gyazo.com/d86d26ba584ea5c787c25d2e72a8e4b7

It has been labeled as “LIVE” for a few weeks now but am I perhaps using it wrong?

Thanks,
Lametta.

4 Likes

It’s not listed as a method of BadgeService on the docs, and I tried searching to see if they might’ve added it for a different service but still couldn’t find anything. I think its release might have been postponed, unfortunately

1 Like

Unlike the grid update it doesn’t list it as postponed. Perhaps it’d be better if I posted this to the engine support category.

1 Like

I think it warrants a report in the #bug-reports:documentation-issues category, since there doesn’t seem to be an announcement that explains what happened to it

3 Likes

Hi All,
Sorry for the confusion. There seems to be a documentation issue with Release Notes. We are working on this API but it should not be in LIVE state yet. I’m trying to track down why the label is wrong. We will fix the doc and update everyone when we are actually ready to release.

3 Likes

Sounds good thank you for informing me. If it helps I noticed that every time new release notes are made new selections are made LIVE. I assumed it was because multiple release updates are pushed every time new release notes are made but if it is an issue internally then that information may help.

Is there an average amount of time it takes for a release to actually become LIVE after being placed in release notes?

Thanks again for the swift response.

I’m not sure what the average time for becoming LIVE is. This particular Badges API was a special case because it was Alpha tested at part of The Hunt but isn’t ready for prime time release yet.

2 Likes

Hello. Again the page says LIVE and the feature is still unavailable. Just informing if there is any other sort of mistake.

The method still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Indeed, it has said LIVE for a while now without being LIVE. I was really excited for this update but it seems like it could be overlooked. I hope that it being set to live doesn’t mean they won’t release it.