Chickynoid, server authoritative character replacement

Sweet, thank you kindly! I’ve made do with cloning the repo directly and pasting the code into my project for now, which works like a dream.

Quick side question - is there a straightforward way to set the rotation of a bot/character when relocating them? i.e. :SetPosition on a chickynoid connection will move them to a desired location, but what could then be done to have them face in a specific direction?

I think you just have to grab their simulation and set the angle there

1 Like

Cant he just also use command.fa with aimlock on, to make them face towards a point or something?

1 Like

What could be causing this flickering issue when many bots converge at one place? It seems to only be happening client-sided and gets more aggressive when the avatars are tightly packed together.

Edit: Disregard this - I didn’t realise the roots of the rigs were unanchored. Now fixed!

2 Likes

Sorry to ask, but could you publish Chickynoid to npm? I’m a fellow roblox-ts user and it looks like the repository already has a types folder with everything necessary to be used with roblox-ts.

I briefly remember that it was on npm a few months ago iirc.

Can anyone give me an explanation for this, If chickynoid doesnt trusts the client for the physics how is my friend able to stop his physics when he holds the X button on his client window?

Check out the keybind X, if it’s assigned to something. Using the Find All/Replace

Server setting, you want to enable antiwarp.

2 Likes

Thanks it fixed it and completely fixed the exploit.

Question what exactly does antiwarp does and why is it off by deffault?

it makes sure you’ve sent a packet in the last 1/20th of a second, and if you have not it makes one. It has a pretty fussy tolerance right now though, so it should have a longer timer before it kicks in as it makes mispredicts.

2 Likes

Found this because a video by @CCTVStudios showed up on my YouTube home page. This is amazing work you’ve done, and I’m excited to see the project grow!
It sucks that Roblox doesn’t have any way for scripts to check the rig type in Game Settings. Maybe there could be a way to check the rig type by looking at the humanoid before it gets replaced by Chickynoid?

1 Like

Yo that’s so cool, thanks for watching my vid, maybe one day I’ll do a chickynoid tutorial, but until I finish properly learning it, I cannot make one since I don’t want to spread misinformation.

My favorite part about that video is the ammount of exploiters coping saying they can bypass chickynoid lol.

3 Likes

Why does GenerateCommand module have built in cheats?

Speed cheat and suspend cheat are worthless it’s just make yourself looks like a laggy player

Probably just added there for testing purposes, if you want to get rid of them just delete them, if you also want to get rid of fly you also need to go to the “NicerHumanoid” script and remove this

1 Like

Yeah, these are specifically the types of cheats that the system is designed to block :slight_smile: Pull them out when you don’t need 'em anymore.

1 Like

So while reading how Weapons worked when equipped, I noticed how the server can only equip weapons, and then tell our client to equip that on its world state, while this is mostly fine, sometimes when latency is bad it can screw us over. So, I modified a bit the ClientWeapons script and made it so clients instantly equip weapons via a command and also do it from the server to stay synced.

It works with the default chickynoid weapons included!, I still need to re add the og behavior just in case the server dictates that we should unequip our weapons and then replicate it to our client.

is it possible for chickynoid to accurately traverse unions and if so how would i make it do that?

Not yet, but soon, max it can do is convexhulls on meshparts, I suggest you to put colliders on said unions to work arround the issue.

Chickynoid seems to be a great way to manage player movement, but what about fast paced games?
When character can teleport, dash, wall run and other stuff that makes it hard to handle

If they’re implemented correctly, fast paced player movement is what chickynoid does best :slight_smile:

1 Like