Child Part rotating everything

I have this script,

while wait() do
	script.Parent.CFrame = script.Parent.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(.01, .01, .01)
end

Which rotates a part. The problem is, it also rotates every other part, like the parent and the other part inside said parent. How do I fix this? Please, I can’t add the feature until it’s fixed. I could also take ways to just lock the orientation & positions of the attachments because that’s the big problem here.

Use a model and make sure the primary part is set to something other than that part

1 Like

can a click detector detect an entire model?

1 Like

thats mainly what im worried abt

You can just have a part that’s the size of the model underneath it. (That’s what I did for my game)

i dont mean to sound stubborn or annoying but is there any other option? my script doesnt account for pivoting models, only parts. Also, if i were to do that, since the parent block moves up and down would i have to constantly change the size of the part?

How big is this model supposed to be? You could always use raycasting instead of click detectors as well.

Edit: I’m sure if you don’t use CFrames it’ll work but it’s laggier for updating something’s orientation like that

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 6.24.17 PM
not very big
also - how would you even do it without cframes?

You would basically just change the orientation. Also is it just one part?

no its this
Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 6.57.06 PM

Just looked at the documentation and it says click detectors work in models, so my suggestion should work