Choppy OTS Camera Script

What I have is a functioning Over the Shoulder camera code for guns on my game, it fires when equipped since the whole game isnt supposed to be OTS, just the guns.

The main issue is the extremely choppy movement I am seeing, which is kinda a bad thing in this case since people need to be able to clearly see their target.

Video Demonstrating Issue

Code Locking the Camera

Tool.Equipped:Connect(function(TempMouse)
	if game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Humanoid.Health >= 1 then -- prevents glitching when equipping gun after death
	script.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild('Humanoid').CameraOffset = Vector3.new(camx, camy, camz)
	game.Players.LocalPlayer.CameraMode = Enum.CameraMode.LockFirstPerson
	end

-- blah blah extra code thats not relevant

Ive seen other ways to do this but none had the camera locked nor were implemented how I am trying to do so here, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hmm, try looking at this resource for tips with over the shoulder camera:

Seems like you need to lerp the camera’s rotation in order to make it smooth as the player’s movements are sporadic and choppy which happens to the camera as well since they are fixed to each other.

Edit: Also view the shoulder camera from the default Roblox battle Royale kit since it works fine:

3 Likes

Thanks! The resource provided was amazing and was a module script for an awesome OTS camera, the creator is very responsive and updates the code frequently!

1 Like