Christmas snow tree low poly tutorial!

:musical_note: Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way! :musical_note:

Merry Christmas Roblox Community!

:christmas_tree:

I am glad to make this tutorial on christmas because it is the 1st of December! Who had their chocolate out their calendar? Today I am going to be showing you how to make a low poly, winter tree with snow. Okay, let’s begin.

If you’re new to modeling, then, just try your best. This tutorial is partly designed for beginners with modeling. If you’ve used Blender, and you’re familiar with the controls, then you’ve got this. I will not show you the controls of blender, but hopefully you know how to enter edit mode, add modifiers, etc

Okay, Once on Blender, delete everything by pressing ‘A’ and then ‘Delete’. The delete key should be on the top row of keys, just simply saying, “Delete”.

Do SHIFT + A to go to the insert menu. Go to mesh > Cube.

Insert the cube. Go into edit mode by pressing TAB and delete all vertexes but one.

to make things easier, and so you can select through a mesh, go to wireframe mode by doing SHIFT + Z. Only one vertex should be left.

Go to modifiers and add a skin modifier, then a subdivision surface modifier.

Exit wireframe mode.

Select the vertex you got and extrude up by pressing E followed by Z. Go tree-hight.

Then extrude some branches in random directions.

Got this?

wintertreetutor1

Okay, uhh, trees are more wonky. Add a vertex in the middle of the trunk by doing CTRL + R and click on the middle of the trunk when a yellow line forms around it. move the vertex so the trunk is wonky.

Select the bottom vertex, do CTRL + A and then move your mouse pointer out until it is the correct scaling. Same with the middle vertex we created.

Look like this?

add vertexes to the middle of the branches using the same method as before and make those branches wonky. Good!

Make the middle of the branches bigger and the ends smaller. Now export.

Open up a baseplate in Roblox. Insert a mesh part into it. Upload the mesh into the part. You you got the tree, but where is the snow! :snowflake:

:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

(Lots of snow lol!)

Scale your tree to the correct size first.
Change the colour to brown like a tree trunk.

Duplicate the tree. (ctrl + d)

Move the duplicate up and change it’s colour to white.
Only move it up a bit

Great. Now add a white floor. You can do this with an ico-sphere in blender and export it and use that as low poly terrain but I’ll be using a part.

Lookin’ cool, tree! (Pun intended)

Wow! How well does it fit this winter scene!?!?!?!

Hope you enjoyed.

Feel free to ask any questions!

8 Likes

I can’t really say this is a good tutorial. Some people might know what a vertex is, but others won’t. Saying ‘delete all vertexes but one’ - which vertices?

Perhaps add screenshots showing where to find the modifiers and what the subdivision one looks like.

At the moment this tutorial is essentially the same as this:

16 Likes

I got to admit, this is very true. :rofl:

I mean, it is a pretty nice owl that you’ve sent here, but yeah it doesn’t explain to much.