Cinema4D Merges OBJ Very small

My problem is that if i load in a character in cinema 4d that it turns out very small so small that you cant even see it.
But when i import it with 0.01 cm its the right size?
Only the problem then is that the character loads in far away from the origin.
If somebody could help me out i’d appreciate it!

Hey @Frqsh !

Maybe u shoudl follow this steps:

1. Open Cinema 4D
  2. Click Open at the menu bar and select your character:
  3. Change those settings from this: image to this: So just change to scale to 100, disable invert transparancy and flip x axis and disable flip z axis.
  4. U should see it now:

I hope this helped and have fun!

Greetings:
EggService
Nathan
The Netherlands

3 Likes

I want to thank you for taking your time by doing this and all.
But unfortunately it didn’t work out for me.
I used the same settings as you did and the obj still merged in small, i want to merge it in and not open it in by the way because i use a lightroom.
One quick question did you use the mtl or the obj?

1 Like

Hey Frqsh!

Sorry for not helping you out. And the answer to the question: I used the .obj file.

Greetings
Nathan
EggService
The Netherlands

2 Likes

When importing the OBJ put the scale to 100.

I would say rig in your place, and put the texture of your character on it. If this is not prohibited, I could give you a link to the rig, with which I did my last job. (I also had problems with this, it’s not a matter of size, apparently the program can’t load it)

1 Like

Do CTRL + A on your keyboard then with the resize tool make the object larger and you should be able to see it. Make sure you are zoomed out a bit.

So the models are always gonna come in small with Cinema4D, honestly just size the model up by clicking the scale tool, and then holding down the right mouse button on the Arrows while dragging out, then just scale it up to a size that works for you.