Circular Badge Templates

Circular Badge Templates

(use the download link found at the bottom of the post)

Info

Since the official documentation for badges doesn’t seem to have a circular badge template anymore, and finding no good posts about it on the forums myself, I’ve made some badge templates for use in your badges! Currently 2 badge templates, one being 512x512 and an upscaled version being 1024x1024! Upscaled templates will have a “2x” marker at the end of the file name.

Pretty obvious point but these templates are royalty and copyright free.
If more templates are needed, like size, file types, more specific guides or similar stuff reply to this topic stating what template you want to see!

Tutorials

A tutorial is listed below for paint.net users, since I believe it’s what most people use and it’s my personal preference. (You can download it with the link here, using the dotPDN download since that’s the free one)

paint.net Tutorial

This tutorial works best with the included .pdn files in the zip download.

1. Open up either the original or the upscaled .pdn file.
  2. Import an image you want to wrap in the badge. (pasting in your image in a different layer, or clicking the Layers tab, then clicking on Import From File…) This should be in a layer above the white circle, and below Layer 2 in the .pdn template.
  3. Go to the layer with the white circle.
  4. With the Magic Wand tool, select the white circle. (You may need to hide your image layer for better visibility)
  • Note: You may need to increase the Tolerance of the Magic Wand to ensure you have selected every pixel of the white circle.
  1. With all pixels of the white circle selected, select the 2nd layer in the template. (if you do not have a second layer, make one)
  2. With the Magic Wand tool still active, hold Control and Right Click on the current selection. This should invert the selection.
  3. Select the layer with your image and press Delete. Your image should fit perfectly in the circle now!

What you can do next: Edit your badge however you like, maybe adding a border in it too, using a similar strategy. When you’re ready, you can export it as a supported image type Roblox accepts for badges. I recommend PNG since the template is built from one.

Download

You can download the templates as a ZIP archive below. I hope this helps you and some other people out!! Some of the same points in the Info section of this post are mentioned in the thanks4using.txt file in the zip archive.

Download the templates!

(Download links to a direct Google Drive download, if that matters to you)

QNA

Can't you just use a normal image anyways?

The point of these templates is to give people an accurate preview of what their badge would look like through this template.

You can also use these to have a guideline for borders and such.

Why are there multiple template sizes?

You can use these other sizes if you want to start off with a better quality image, or have more space to fit your image in the circle. Roblox will handle the other sizes just like a normal 512x512 badge.

Are these accurate to what your badge will look like?

Yes. I’ve tested it myself and can confirm they’re accurate. A comparison image will be provided the next time this post updates.

This is my first Community Resource post, so feedback would be appreciated! I may add a video tutorial if people need it.

6 Likes

you can just use an square template, it cuts off automatically when uploading the badge.

I know, but the point of this is to give people an accurate preview of what their badge would look like through this template.

It’s also great to add circle borders to your badge too

3 Likes

fair enough.
(I reached the like limit :C)
Roblox lowkey called me a edater

6 Likes

Why d y have 2 different type of circle

If you’re talking about circle sizes I just made 512x512 and 1024x1024 templates so you could make a better quality badge, and convenience I guess. Roblox will still handle them just fine.

1 Like

I thought roblox only supports 512x512 badges

Roblox supports the bigger template file, just made a badge with it and it got uploaded without any issues. However I’m not sure what the maximum size is, so for now there will only be a 1024x1024 as the highest size template.

1 Like