Circumstances in which you cannot upload a model onto Roblox?

Not 100% sure if this is the right category but I guess we’ll find out.

Many of us likely use this feature to save our old models or in my case to load server packages to make the game run faster. Just recently I have noticed I can no longer upload my server package to Roblox despite being able to do it numerous times previously with no issues - this may be an issue on my end so I do apologize if I am being an idiot.

Selected is my server package with the right click options as follows:

As I have said I have done this numerous times before with no issue “Save to Roblox…” is not highlighted. I have followed the same process as previously and have never had this issue before.

Circumstance Info:

• I am accessing this through my own group studio.
  • This is a game within a universe system, doesn’t work in the start place either.

I can’t update my game properly unless I have this amended :raised_hands: and its a real pest when I’m doing my A Level coursework and come online infrequently (don’t exactly have the time to just wake up in the morning and upload it haha, college loves me).

Any suggestions? I doubt this is a Roblox wide bug.

1 Like

Convert to Package is your way to go

Taken from your picture

That would mean I’d have to break down the models and that is actually worse then the current system I have.

I have a single seven line script which does exactly what the package thing does except for its:

• more efficient as I don’t need to update a specific package I can update a single model.
  • can still update it - the system is different and if anything its just as good as an auto updating one.

I refer to my thing as a package because it is an object or group of objects wrapped in a metaphorical box ready to be sent around.

I want to use my current method, not the Roblox packages system. This issue would still happen to me even if I wanted to save the model for future reuse.

1 Like

Have you tried changing the Folders into Models (The types). Maybe it can help

Tried turning it into a model. Doesn’t work. Oh well :expressionless:

Going to curiously see what happens if I stick a package into an insert.

Update:

• it went “no u” on me

You might want to message Developer Relations. I can not reproduce this in 2 computers, could be your computer.

@6Clu It seems like other users have this error too Save to Roblox button is blacked out

Was a bug in Roblox, solved in another thread in bug reports.

1 Like