City Building Ideas?

Hello Everyone!

Im Currently Working On A City!

Can You Suggest Any Things I Should Add To Make For The City?

Thanks!

You could build a bloxy cola factory. That seems like it would be fun and you could get really creative with it.

You should add some apartments, cafes, parking garages, and maybe a specialty store like an art supply store or a gardening store.

Also, capitalizing every single word is so infuriating!

I suggest adding a really nice central feature. Something like this example:

That’s a really nice idea! Ill add that, thanks!

Thanks, ill definitely add that :slight_smile:

Thanks ill definitely add that as well! (sorry about the capitalization).

What kind of city is it? What you add depends on it. What style are you building?

Buildings, stores, apartments, and a river.

Realistic City So Like Roads Going Of Into The Main City Then Other Roads Going Off To Houses And Stuff.

Thanks Ill Add These In Aswell!

Try adding an airport! You can have some really cool designs for it if you get creative! Most large cities have them anyway.

And to shamelessly advertise your other games, add teleports to them as “flights”

To make some easy profit rent out shop spaces in the mall to clothing designers LOL

1 Like

I really love theses ideas, thankyou!

add maybe pet shops, dentist. just do what a normal city have…

Why Is Everything Capitals Do You Know English? lolz

Thanks for the ideas! And sorry about the capitalization, I sometimes do it as it looks nicer but looks like I should maybe stop!

Apartment Buildings and some central park or a statue to represent the city, Like matthewthekider mentioned.

1 Like

Ehm okay, still quite vague since I don’t know what building style you are using nor any themes or even game objective. However, here are some ideas:

• Use the typical american city layout: CBD with tall buildings and banks in the center, one layer out some still big buildings, but smaller than in the CBD, gradually make your way to the suburbs.
  • Harbours look cool and could be functional.
  • Airport could be cool.
  • Hospital
  • School
  • Bank
  • Garage
  • Nightclub
  • Cafe
  • Hotels
  • Library
  • Museum
  • Police station
  • Shops
  • Factory on the outside of the city
  • Apartment building
  • Park (you could place something like a big piece of art here; Eiffeltower, Atomium)

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for all these amazing ideas! Ill be sure to add them in!

1 Like

Late response, if your going for a realistic city try implementing the important details with use of textures - lighting/meshes ect. This can certainly be done with gathering a few reference images and getting your ideas from there I’m pretty sure you have most of the ideas on what to place inside a city.

As for getting ideas city don’t just hold a bunch of repetitive elements try having a piece of paper to write all the ideas from with doing your own research as well. City’s have 'apartment buildings grocery store / department store, a hospital, fire station, and cafes -restaurants, office buildings billboards, ect. You probably want to think about adding a train or bus station, that connects to the entire city.

Here is a source of different building types you could use to gather even further ideas. Most of the common things suggested above should be already planned out.

List of building types - Wikipedia

1 Like

Thanks, ill be sure to check this out!