City of Boston Mega-Information Page
Updated July 11, 2019
Welcome to the City of Boston!
The City of Boston aims to be a semi-historically accurate representation of the actual City of Boston in 1774. Our plan is to continue to grow our community and the capabilities, functionality, and opportunities within our game to create a user experience like no other. Ideally, we want the future of the City of Boston to be driven by you. The factions you join, or the factions that you create, can absolutely shift and change the dynamic and/or balance of power within the game if you put in enough work. Furthermore, we (the Development Team) are eager to hear suggestions and ideas that you have for the game. We are mostly accessible on Discord (which can be found in our social links), so contact us there if you have any ideas! We have lots of plans to continue modernizing and improving the City (if you didn’t know, this is a multi-year project that began in 2013) to ensure that everyone is able to get the best possible experience from the game.
Welcome to the City, enjoy!
Laws of the City of Boston
Criminal Laws and Penalties
- Trespassing is defined as the unlawful presence in an area in which the respect controlling authorities prohibit your presence.
Note: Faction leaders with ownership of specific locations may prohibit or bar certain people from accessing their respective location
- Trespassing is prohibited in the City of Boston and will lead to a warning to leave the area. If that warning is not followed, or this is a repeat offense, the authorities controlling that area are authorized to use lethal force for the duration that you remain in their area.
- Theft is defined as the unlawful acquisition and/or use of the property of another person without their consent.
- Theft is prohibited in the City of Boston and will lead to a Wanted status where authorities are authorized to use lethal force for the remainder of the time in which you have possession of the stolen item.
Note: Theft of a Royal Navy vessel will result in a Kill on Sight (KoS) status as well as a Wanted status where authorities are authorized to use lethal force
- Murder is defined as the intentional killing of another person.
Note: Dueling is allowed in Boston, however, both parties must agree to it beforehand
- Murder is prohibited in the City of Boston and will lead to a Wanted status where authorities are authorized to use lethal force.
- Mass-murder is defined as the intentional killing of multiple persons.
Note: If someone kills the same person multiple times, this does not qualify as mass-murder
- Mass-murder is prohibited in the City of Boston and will lead to a Kill on Sight (KoS) status as well as a Wanted status where authorities are authorized to use lethal force.
Random Killing (RK)
- Random killing, or RK, is defined as the random or indiscriminate killing of persons regardless of their identity, intentions, and/or faction affiliation.
*Note: If someone kills multiple persons and the reason involves their identity (ex: killing members of a specific political group), their intentions (ex: killing all those who seek to plot an overthrow of the government), or faction affiliation (ex: killing all rebels), then this does not qualify as RK - this is instead mass-murder.
- Random killing is prohibited in the City of Boston and will lead to a Kill on Sight (KoS) status as well as a warrant and authorization for your arrest.
Team Killing (TK)
- Team killing, or TK, is defined as the killing of members of your own in-game team.
Note: This rule only applies to factions which have in-game teams, however, all teams have the right to request that an individual be arrested for team killing
- Team killing is prohibited in the City of Boston and will lead to a warrant and authorization for your arrest. Furthermore, the leader of your respective faction will be contacted and formally requested to exile you by the Boston government.
Civil Laws and Penalties
Disturbing the Peace/Harassment
(Harassment is treated as a disruption of the peace on an individual basis i.e. take the definition of Disturbing the Peace and replace “City of Boston” with “an individual”)
Disturbing the Peace is defined as behavior which disrupts or disturbs the peaceful status of the City of Boston.
Note: Protesting does not count as Disturbing the Peace
- Disturbing the Peace is prohibited in the City of Boston and will lead to a warning for you to cease your behavior and the authorization of lethal force by authorities if you do not heed their warnings in a timely manner.
Secret Society Involvement
- Secret societies are defined as underground organizations of power (ex: Assassins and Templars) with various agendas.
- Secret societies are allowed within the City of Boston. All persons, except those in official government-run factions (ex: Boston Government, Empire of Great Britain, Provincial Police Force, Royal Navy, etc.) are not allowed to publicly involve in secret societies. If a member of a secret society that is also in a government-run faction makes any action that promotes their secret society’s interests, harms or targets another secret society specifically, etc. this may be grounds for the removal of that individual’s position in that government-run faction.
*Note: Secret societies are not allowed to be targeted, given a wanted status, or given a Kill on Sight status, unlike other non-secret faction. While their individual members may be given those statuses, they cannot be assigned a blanket status (ex: All Assassins cannot be given Kill on Sight statuses)
Admin powers are by nature designed for server-maintenance and administration. This includes banning exploiters, restoring server functionality if something breaks, hosting events in Boston if administrative powers are required, etc.
- Godding, adjusting your health, or adjusting your speed is prohibited.
- Giving yourself or others tools is prohibited. The only exception to this is restoring broken tools or giving minor items such as lanterns, umbrellas, etc. However, if giving minor items is misused, this will be prohibited as well.
- Flying is prohibited.
- Teleporting is prohibited unless answering a !help request.
- Admin is not allowed to be given unless by GovernorTriculate. No exceptions
- Kicks and bans will not be used unless the person is exploiting or glitching. If the glitching is relatively harmless, then the person can simply be given a warning.
Note: Glitching does not include actions such as jump stacking. That is apart of the ROBLOX movement and physics engine
- General abuse is prohibited. This is left intentionally vague to act as a catch-all for anyone attempting to manipulate a technicality or utilize a clearly inappropriate feature that was not explicitly mentioned.
Government-run factions and non-government-run factions all have official teams in Boston
The Government of Boston is the local government that creates and decides the laws of the Boston. The Government is headed by the Prime Minister, who is elected by the people. The Prime Minister selects his cabinet, a collection of Ministers who each control or have civilian oversight over a certain sector ex: the Minister of Defense works with the military and insures that the military works well with the government.
The government is a closed entry faction that requires either election or appointment by the Prime Minister
Royal Army aka Empire of Great Britain
The Royal Army is the military force that defends the City from external powers (such as rival nations) and internal threats (such as rebels). The Royal Army is controlled by the Field Marshal who oversees the operations, directions, policies, officers, and personnel within the Army. The Royal Army, or the Garrison when they are in Boston, conduct patrols, trainings, and take action to maintain and preserve peace through violent and non-violent means.
The Royal Army is an open entry faction that can be joined by anyone
Provincial Police Force
The Provincial Police Force is the police force that maintains safety and order within the City. Unlike the Royal Army, the Police force exclusively focus on ensuring law and order in within Boston. The Provincial Police Force is controlled by the Commissioner who oversees the operations, directions, policies, officers, and personnel within the Police force.
The Provincial Police Force is a closed entry faction that is generally smaller and more specially trained than the Royal Army
The Royal Navy is the naval force that secures and protects the City of Boston primarily from threats originating from the seas. However, the Royal Navy does regularly make landfall or utilize naval firepower to support the Royal Army on the shores. The Royal Navy is controlled by the Admiral of the Fleet who oversees the operations, directions, policies, officers, and personnel with the Royal Navy. The Royal Navy supports Royal Army maneuvers, practices naval maneuvers, and takes action to preserve peace within the Boston.
The Royal Navy is an open entry faction that can be joined by anyone
The Merry Inn
The Merry Inn is a privately owned business that operates the Merry Inn. Located in Central Boston, the Merry Inn is a tavern environment that provides lodging and nourishment for people in Boston. The inn, as mentioned, is privately owned and sets and enforces it’s own unique set of rules.
The Merry Inn is an open entry faction that can be joined by anyone
The Boston Rebels
The Boston Rebels are a faction in opposition to the British influence in Boston. While not necessarily against the local government in Boston, they are absolutely against the British control of Boston. The Boston Rebels fight for an end to British influence and control in Boston.
The Boston Rebels is an open entry faction that can be joined by anyone
The Pirates are a faction that seeks to pillage and plunder for personal gain. They are a notoriously dynamic faction that is composed of highly diverse crews. These crews each have their own various interests, ideals, and values but are generally united by a desire to increase their profits - at anyone’s expense.
Pirates is an open entry faction that can be joined by anyone
Factions Without a Team & How to Create Your Own Faction
Anyone can create their own faction in the City of Boston. Factions do not necessarily need a team to be “official” or to have a presence in Boston. As a general rule of thumb, here is the pipeline for creating successful factions.
- Create some way of organizing all of your members (ROBLOX Group, Discord, etc.)
- Find a way to distinguish yourself in Boston (uniforms, ideology, a certain phrase, common usernames, etc.)
- Begin interacting with other factions and involving yourself in the Boston community
After you have done those three things and grown in both size and activity, you will be able to make requests for features to be added into Boston that represent the lore or background of your faction, ex: buildings that you own, parts of town that you control, etc.
This will be updated after we hash out a system in which you can also get your faction members unique tools or weapons as well!
- Colonial Citizen - This is the basic starting rank for Boston. Anyone at this rank makes 35 shillings per pay period.
- Middle Class Citizen - This is a higher rank in Bostonian society. Anyone at this rank makes 100 shillings per pay period and receives special tools. This rank can be purchased here: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/3449245060/Middle-Class-Rank-Upgrade
- High Class Citizen - This is an elite rank in Bostonian society that comes with increased social prestige. Anyone at this rank makes 200 shillings per pay period and receives the special tools of a Middle Class Citizen and more. This rank can be purchased here: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/3449245696/High-Class-Rank-Upgrade
- Merry Inn Employee - This is a rank that corresponds to the Merry Inn official faction. Anyone at this rank makes 50 shillings per pay period.
- Faction Leader - This is a rank that denotes faction leaders. This rank can be given to any faction leader that has created a faction that is large and active. Having a team is not a requirement to receive this rank. Anyone at this rank makes 150 shillings per pay period.
- Politician - This is a rank that is given to those at the minor levels of Bostonian politics. Politicians may influence and lobby for policy changes by the government.
This rank must be appointed by the Prime Minister. Anyone at this rank makes 150 shillings per pay period.
- British Noble - This is a rank that is given to those at the very highest level of Bostonian and British society. Anyone at this rank has personally received a unique title of nobility from the Monarch. Furthermore, anyone at this rank makes 400 shillings per pay period and receives the special tools of a High Class Citizen and more. This rank can be purchased here: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/3449273022/British-Noble-Rank-Upgrade
- Provincial Police - This is a rank given to members of the Provincial Police Force. Anyone at this rank makes 70 shillings per pay period. For more information check the Factions tab.
- Royal Navy - This is a rank given to members of the Royal Navy. Anyone at this rank makes 70 shillings per pay period. For more information check the Factions tab.
- Royal Army - This is a rank given to members of the Royal Army. Anyone at this rank makes 70 shillings per pay period. For more information check the Factions tab.
- Military Officer - This is a rank given to officers in either the Royal Army or the Royal Navy. These officers occupy an important role in leading their respective forces, but also have achieved a noted social status in Bostonian society. Anyone at this rank makes 140 shillings per pay period.
- Military High Command - This is a rank given to the General Staff/Flag Ranks of the Royal Army and Royal Navy respectively. These senior officers occupy a critical role in directing their forces and commanding the larger picture movements of their factions. Because of their distinguished role in the military, these officers have achieved significantly high social status in Bostonian and British society. Anyone at this rank makes 300 shillings per pay period.
- Parliament & Ministers - This is a rank given to the highest level of decision makers in Bostonian government. These public officials decide the future of Boston’s government and work with the Military High Command to coordinate the efforts and effects of Britain’s military presence and footprint on Boston. Anyone at this rank makes 300 shillings per pay period.
- Prime Minister - The Prime Minister is the central figure in charge of Boston’s government and the government of Britain for that matter. The Prime Minister is elected by the people and chooses his Ministers. Anyone at this rank makes 400 shillings per pay period.
- Royalty - The Royal Family occupies the highest and most elite social status in Boston and in the British Empire. Anyone at this rank has received a personal title of royalty and nobility by the Monarch. Furthermore, they are officially included and tied to the Royal Family and should they choose to create a role-play family, may claim direct relation to the Royal Family. Members of the Royal Family may request protection and escorts from the military and police force. Royal Family members are also invited and included in all of the highest social events in Boston. Anyone at this rank makes 550 shillings per pay period and receives the special tools of a British Noble and more. This rank can be purchased here: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/3449246172/Royalty-Rank-Upgrade
- Monarch - The Monarch is a sole individual who acts as one of the chief officials in Government. The Monarch enters into a partnership with the Prime Minister and Parliament, known as a Constitutional Monarchy, wherein they share power. However, the Monarch is involved, albeit mostly ceremonially and never heavily, in most official factions. While faction leaders, such as the Field Marshal and Admiral of the Fleets, make them important decisions in their respective factions, the Monarch acts as a ceremonial figure that all members of the military serve. Anyone at this rank makes 800 shillings per pay period.
- Developer - Developers are in charge of updating, adding new features, fixing bugs, and managing the game when it comes to in-game functionality. The developer team is a talented mix of builders and scripters and all changes in the game come from them. If you ever have a spare moment, say hi or let them know you appreciate their hard work!
Message GovernorTriculate if you have any questions!