Cj_Music | Feedback on Fantasy Soundtrack

Hey there :wave:,

I’m Cj, a music producer and composer. I’ve been on and off Roblox for the past few years, but I’m trying to make a bit of a comeback in the world of video game music and sound design. I love creating magical moments in video games through audio.

I recently pulled this track from the vault, and I would love some feedback on it.

Stream The Forest Path by CJ | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

I’ve interacted with many awesome people on the platform, and I’m super excited to start working on some awesome games! If you want to get in touch, just send me a message here on the devforum or on Twitter.

Here’s where you can find me:

Soundcloud
YouTube
Twitter

1 Like

The beginning is very peaceful and leaves me in suspense of what is yet to come. The clarinet having the melody was a very nice touch. I think the melody line works well for the feeling the piece is trying to give off.

The strings are a lovely touch as well. The flute coming in was absolutely perfection, I love the sound of that what VST is it from?

Transition at 1:15 was kind of odd having everything just drop out. I think decrescendoing there could have it feel more natural.

2:00 transition was well done with bringing back the clarinet for the first theme. I absolutely love that flute and think it fits in so well.

The piano around 2:50 seems a bit out of place as it seems much closer than everything else. Not sure if you were going for that but I think adding a bit more reverb on it could help put it back.

3:30 ending did not fit at all, at least not to me! Kind of took me out of the music though it was at the very end. Perhaps finishing with a final bongo hit or something.

Overall, I really enjoyed listening to this piece of music. I can’t wait to hear what else you may make!

1 Like

Those strings were from Spitfire Audio’s BBC Symphony Orchestra Plugin.

I can definitely hear what you mean. I wasn’t too great at mixing back when I made this track :rofl:! Great job noticing this.

Listening to this track again, I think that I was probably in a hurry to finish this one and just went for a quick ending. It does sound kind of sudden.

Thank you so much for the constructive feedback!