Classic Face Hangout (no longer updated + retired from ROBLOX Studio and mainly from ROBLOX in general)

NO LONGER UPDATED!!!

This is an information relating to classic face hangout.

Classic face hangout is a game for players that enjoy the original 2D static faces.

A simple game where you can dress up your avatar with your favorite classic face! there are also easter eggs in the game that you have to seek out through the map and the avatar editor as well, you will be rewarded a badge as a result!

Update 8/10/23 5:14 AM | Added a face picker but I’m getting atrocious performance degradation whenever toggling the visibility, catalog heaven level performance drawbacks so please bare with me while I figure that out, this affects at least under powered devices including the M1 mac mini on my end.

Update 8/10/23 6:18 AM | Fixed a mistake which appeared to have squashed the performance issues.

Update 4/21/24 2:24 PM | No dynamic heads allowed!!!

Update 10/4/24 6:39 PM | No more updates, I have retired, more info down below.

Don’t have a face you own? You can use the nearly added picker to slap on a classic face instantly. :point_up:t3:

(Seriously I had to manually pull most of those old faces, the ones that are left out is the limiteds which may be added in the future.) :wink:

Please feel free to post suggestions on my group wall.

Stuff I want to add in the future: interactive islands around the main map, including a classic sword fighting arena and some classic mini games here and there, I eventually also want to add a shop system where you obtain the coins randomly around the map.

You can try out the game here;

This was made with help from @pepoalt13412; as he sanity checked my hours of writing LUAu scripts and helping me figure out stuff I missed, and helping out re-writing some scripts that was never going to work initially, so I thank him for that!

Another thanks to @JRoblox36 for making the loading/restart GUI.

Speaking of GUIs please bare with me since I made the Face Picker, I’m not particularly “good” with GUIs myself, ill probably give it a refresh in the future, actually pretty proud with how this turned out since it used to be the GUI would immediately fall apart upon resizing.

2 Likes

Hello to the folks that come along reading this.

I have decided to retire from ROBLOX and ROBLOX Development.

I’m not mentally nor physically healthy, as my mental health has gone down throughout the years and also my physical health decided to tank in September (last month as of typing this), and generally I’m not happy with ROBLOX anymore, it’s not fun and Studio development has made me so burnt out on it. Also adding onto the factor of my issues I stated above, I can’t do this anymore.

Yeah the ROBLOX Developer Conference and the ROBLOX Bloxy + Innovation awards will remain a dream for me as a former RBLX dev, but it’s sometimes worth being that way over not being happy.

My personal health in every aspect comes first and that’s something I’ve failed to treat myself with many times before until last month when I did start to finally seek out help mentally including help with focusing due to ADHD so I could do my college work better, however my physical health also tanked a week after due to unexpected appendicitis which resulted in a removal of my appendix organ, had I continued ignoring and pushing myself through the pain, left it untreated it would’ve eventually burst and killed me quickly.

Just in general I have not handled myself well and I also won’t tell you all my life stories but this is one of the few final nails in the coffin regarding ROBLOX Studio and mostly my time here being a ROBLOX player, why I’m leaving. Perhaps anyone relating should re-evaluate and consider help as well and consider if it’s worth continuing on the particular project.

In the mean time I have taken up my love for programming outside of ROBLOX (Currently doing some Apple Script stuff but I intend to start messing around again with other languages than LUA/LUAu) and my love for 3D art and animation on Blender + drawings on Krita, Clip Studio Paint and Blenders 2D animation option since my absence from being online. (and college too.) That doesn’t require me to sit at my desk 24/7 or use a bulky computer depending on what I do. I found that my macbook air (m1) can do blender just fine for both 3D renders and a full animation which is great for how currently weak I am physically.

Outside of ROBLOX Studio, ROBLOX in general isn’t just for me much anymore without friends; I haven’t really logged on at all recent other than replying to website text messages using the old Party Chat feature. The games I like have grown stale and it’s certainly been years since something on the front page caught my eye, I think the last time was early 2018.

The only time I will come on to play something is if a friend asks me to, other than that, all of my accounts on the website will fall silent.

I’ve already wrapped up pushing slight changes to my remaining places and have begun the process as of today to remove studio from my systems.

This also means Classic face hangout is no longer going to receive any updates; nor is my other places either outside of team create, perhaps my other friends will do stuff but don’t expect anything from me personally.

As of October 2024, it’s my 15th anniversary on the website from discovering and beginning to play ROBLOX right about this time all those many years ago, playing games on Newgrounds and seeing advertisements back in the day pop up for “ROBLOX[dot]com”, 2 years as a Guest and 13 years as a registered Player + former Dev.

A very long time, most of my older friends have quit and for the ones that remain they’re inactive and barely play anymore outside of a few particular ones but that’s it really.

Before I go however let me give my thoughts and thanks.

To the ROBLOX Staff; despite my repeated run-ins with y’all and my moderation history over the years, I thank you guys for doing your jobs, I know it’s hard keeping the website safe and also keeping the forums in order; we blame the admins a lot for stuff that’s often out of their control, please guys, take a break every now and then; I hold no ill-will towards the ROBLOX staff, neither should the developers nor players either, give them a break. The staff is very kind and I genuinely wish I treated them better.

To the ROBLOX Developers I’ve talked to, met and are friends with here and especially the newer ones; Thanks for being kind. Thanks for teaching me a lot of stuff; y’all really didn’t have to do that honestly, and thanks for the memories with the ones I worked on stuff with together. Continue pushing on with success, and for the newer ones that struggle; keep trying! Don’t give up! You guys are the bloodline to this site, there’s a lot of people you can ask that would be kind to inform or help out! But at the same time don’t try to push yourselves to a toxic degree of being depressed over it, sometimes it’s good to also re-evaluate.

I also hold no ill-will to the ones I criticize as it is just my opinion, however that doesn’t define them personally as they’re also someone just trying to make a living at the end of the day like everyone else, for all of the nonsense that didn’t need to be said I do apologize for that as that wasn’t necessary and also wish I treated them better. Give them a break too please.

To the ROBLOX Players; thanks for continuing to play our stuff. Like the Developers; Players are also the reason why this site survives, Players are the bloodline to Developers as Developers are the bloodline to ROBLOX it means so much to a lot of us when players enter our games and especially having fun on it.

^^ My shout outs also applies to everyone else that tries to do stuff on this site other than Developing a game; For example; Clothing Designers and Thumbnail Artists, GFX Artists and Icon artists too, many more people that work behind the scenes keeping this site alive.

So I bid all of you ROBLOXians here a farewell, as an old veteran throwing in my Cyan towel and finally putting my Builders Club hard hat away. Didn’t mean to make this quite large but I just wanted to post why I’m mostly departing and why I’m no longer updating stuff. Perhaps you’ll see me online with friends every now and then.

-Caius.

ps to rblx staff ik this isn’t the right place to put this here but it does also apply still to this game as of why i no longer work on it, no take down pl0x kthx.

ps again; i could’ve sworn there was another topic I could’ve posted onto, like lounge? But I can’t seem to find it so.