Click Detectors do not function while tool equipped

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Basically, with a tool equipped, I am unable to interact with click detectors (as I can in studio)

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This bug is 100% consistant

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

It happens (or doesn’t happen in this case) only in published games, while the functionality is fine in studio.

When you click on an icecream cone, you should then be able to click on any flavor of icecream and it adds a scoop. As you can see, once you get an icecream cone, not only can you not click on any of the flavors, but you also cannot click to grab a new cone, whose behavior was not modified in any way since before you clicked on them the first time.

1 Like

99% sure this is expected behaviour. You can work around this by using a script in the tool though.

3 Likes

Then why does it function differently in studio and why does it say nothing about that on the wiki?

Also, I originally did have it all working from a local script in a tool but that didn’t work either

1 Like

This behavior is expected and not a bug; ClickDetectors not being clickable with tools has existed for years. To get ClickDetectors to “work with a tool equipped”, you need to write your own logic within the tool.

1 Like

I seem to get the same behavior in studio as I do online, and just to confirm not being able to click a click detector is when a tool is equipped is expected behavior (unless the click detector MaxActivationDistance is set to 0, which means the click detector cannot be clicked).

3 Likes