Click Detectors do not work in Studio

Reproduction Steps

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 8 GB Memory, GPU Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
No beta features are enabled.
Simply create a part and put a click detector in it and the detector will not work.

Expected Behavior

When I hover my mouse over the part I expect it to show a click icon and if pressed I’ve setup a simple script to detect and print “Hello World”

script.Parent.MouseClick:connect(function() -- this is the script
	print("Click!")
end)

Actual Behavior

Upon entering I scroll my mouse over the click detector and it does not display a click mouse icon, as well as if I click nothing prints. (This works fine in game)

I also noticed if the mouse is hovering over the part and moves out of the viewport the click mouse icon will appear

(note my mouse outside of the game in the screenshot above)

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-22 22:06:00 (-04:00)

6 Likes

Not just you getting this. Pretty sure it happens to everyone too.

1 Like

This is not a bug. LocalScripts do not run when it is under Workspace. You used a LocalScript in your setup which is why it does not work.

(From LocalScript | Roblox Creator Documentation)

Changing the script type to a Script will fix your issue

3 Likes

Try putting print("Hello world!") at the top of the localscript and see if it’s running at all.

1 Like

i realized that afterwards but thats not what the actual issue is at all the issue is the fact that the click detector physically will not appear as a clickable object in studio.

1 Like

Yea if it doesn’t its not a big deal. If it works it works.

1 Like

It doesn’t work in studio, thats what im saying. You cannot test a click detector in studio it will not allow you to use them at all.

1 Like

Thank you roblox for resolving the issue.

1 Like