Click Detectors Work Sometimes but its kind of random

well in this video i show you an example of what happens to me when i try to click on ‘switches’ in this case ‘switch3’ was the one working while ‘switch2’ didnt but if i were to restart other switches would work while others wouldnt. Its Random And I Cant understand why

error.mp4

this is the video i hope i can get an answer

thanks

1 Like

This looks like the collisions of the MeshPart/Union of the box is getting in the way. Often times, the collisions are simplified for performance, causing the physics hitbox to extend beyond the visible parts. Luckily, you can use the CollisionFidelity property of MeshParts and Unions to try and mitigate this. Here are a few possible solutions you can try:

1. Change CollisionFidelity to PreciseConvexDecomposition, which will accurately align the hitbox with the part (at the cost of some performance, which will be negligible if used sparingly)

2. Disable both the CanCollide and CanQuery properties (CanQuery is only accessible once CanCollide is off). This will obviously give your box no collisions, but the CanQuery property will allow the part to be ingored by the Raycasting done by the ClickDetectors.

3. If you’re using a Union made in studio, it might be worth just separating the union.

If you’re having problems with collisions again, I would strongly recommend the following plugin, specifically for its “Show Decomposition Geometry” feature that visualizes the collisions for you.

3 Likes

thanks a lot for your time turns out that bc i had some invs parts (for tweening purposes) that the invs parts didnt allow the click detector to be seen i guess

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.