"Click to add part" plugin?

Is there a plugin where you can click in two spots, and it’ll add a part with a set width and height based on those areas? This would be really useful because I have to build roads on uneven surfaces :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

2 Likes

You could use GapFill + a pair of parts that you use as inter-section markers for where to fill to do this nicely. It would even let you do it over arbitrary uneven terrain reasonably well.

GapFillUsage

6 Likes

Hey, that’s a good idea. The trick will be keeping the part count low because of how gigantic the map is, but thanks!

I’m way ahead of you! If it’s possible to use a single part rather than multiple wedges to fill in a gap then GapFill will do so. It only uses as many parts as are needed:

MinParts

Oh that’s great then. But part count would still be a factor because, as you can see in the example, the most efficient way to complete that gap fill would be to resize the bottom grey brick and add a wedge :slight_smile: But I think regular gapfill will work well for now.

1 Like

There’s also Resize Align for that. Requires an extra step, though.

3 Likes

I love using GapFill. I use it all the time for my trains. But right now, I use PowerFill, which is someone else’s ‘remix’ of your GapFill because it broke on my end.

2 Likes

I just fixed it.

However, I imagine theirs is better, since there’s a lot of improvements that can be made with more recent features than I had at the time like using Neon parts to make the selection more clear etc. Anything that you would want in it if I updated it?

1 Like

If you ever do update it could you possibly refine the “best guess” option, it usually is always off, thats just my suggestion.

Maybe support for RGB color properties on a part? When I use GapFill on a part that is colored something like 10,80,125 (Amtrak blue, lol) as an example, the generated part(s) go to the nearest ‘preset’ BrickColor like “Navy blue”.

2 Likes