ClickDetector.CursorIcon Property Does Not Save

I’ve encountered a significant issue with the ClickDetector.CursorIcon property in Roblox Studio. When I set the CursorIcon property, it works as expected during a solo play session. However, the problem arises when I leave the studio session and rejoin; the CursorIcon property resets to a blank string every time. This behavior forces developers to implement a workaround by setting the CursorIcon through a local script each time a player joins the game. Not only does this approach seem unnecessary as this is a bug on Roblox’s end, but it can also be performance-intensive.

This issue seems to have been present for quite some time so it’s surprising that it hasn’t yet been fixed. It doesn’t seem too complicated to fix so I’d really appreciate if this could be looked into.

Going to mention @TheGamer101 here as they initially announced this new property.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open a game in Roblox Studio.
  2. Add a ClickDetector to an object.
  3. Set the CursorIcon property of the ClickDetector to any valid image asset.
  4. Play the game in solo mode to confirm the CursorIcon appears as expected.
  5. Leave the studio session and then rejoin.
  6. Observe that the CursorIcon property has reset to a blank string.

Expected Behavior:
The CursorIcon property should retain its value between studio sessions, eliminating the need for a local script workaround to set it dynamically each time a player joins.

2 Likes

Thanks for your bug report. Are you using team create by any chance? I think I might know what the problem is and it might be an easy fix, I will investigate a little and get back to you.

2 Likes

Thank you soo much for the prompt response! Yes, team create is enabled on the affected places and I’m super glad to hear that. Keep me updated. :smile:

I have just submitted a fix for this issue, it should be released next week. Thanks again for the bug report!

2 Likes

The fix for this bug should be released now!

1 Like

Seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks!

Is this update released for everyone right now?

Because the CursorIcon of the ClickDetector still resets when I leave the session and rejoin even though I saved and published the changes.

1 Like

Just noticed the fix no longer works and the property is broken again. Could’ve been a regression? @TheGamer101

1 Like

We had to revert the last studio release for an unrelated reason - this fix will be rolled out again soon.

2 Likes

The fix seems to have gone live now. :slightly_smiling_face: @Real_Daytern

Yes, I already noticed that it has gone live, works too!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.