Clicking models in Workspace not working

Whenever I click on a model, it doesn’t select the model. It started after I had went away from my computer for over a hour.
I can select parts using explorer, but not the viewport. I have to select parts by holding my mouse and moving it through the part / parts.

what I have done

* restart studio
* look for the same problem

Expected behavior

I would be able to select parts.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.

@Kevinsteo just trying to troubleshoot: could you please deactivate the dragger tool (either select or move/scale/rotate) and see if that’s the same behavior you experienced? To deactivate, just click the on the active dragger’s ribbon button. Thanks!

tested it, nothing came open.

update here: the error only happens in one place, and if i make a copy the place, it still occurs. but not in any other of my games. i had disabled the qol beta feature, nothing happened.

thanks for the suggestion

@polarporcupine i tested it. nothing working, is there something i’m able to do?

update: 5:23 pm cst

i found the culprit!! it was the collision group. and seriously you guys should fix this. there is something called studio_select, and i selected it off whenever testing something, adding the bug. if you can @thirdtakeonit please add this to the database.

1 Like

Thanks for following up! That is definitely an advanced user scenario, we will think if there is a good way to indicate collision cases like this.

yea add a setting to where you can disable studio selections, thanks for the help and for understanding