Client fails to launch due to IP Change

Page URL: All games
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2021-03-25 00:03:00 (+02:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-05-04 02:04:00 (+02:00)

The following bug is still happening, the topic was accidentally marked as solved, therefore closed after 7 days.

Further information has been given in DMs to @OuterspaceNemo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you tried uninstalling roblox and reinstalling…? This doesn’t look like it’s an IP issue at all.

1 Like

From my understanding, your IP is different on your browser and your client. If your IP is different on the website and your Roblox client, your Roblox will not load because of recent security patches. Both IPs must now match to prevent the compromising of people’s accounts using a critical endpoint for launching studio and games. I don’t see why anyone would have a different IP for their client and their browser either, but I think an error message explaining the issue would be nice.

2 Likes

Hence the bug report. This is disproportionally affecting people with satellite (or otherwise unstable/fluctuating) internet connections like OP.

People in second/third-world countries with satellite internet should be able to develop and play games on Roblox without issue – this is the expected behavior. If a security patch changed this it must be reverted and they should figure out an alternative approach.

1 Like