Client Memory Usage Extremely High

My client memory usage is almost 2.7 gb on a baseplate:

This is a completely new baseplate and I can’t seem to figure out why this is so high. The game is also a bit laggy along with high ping.

I think this has something to do with a roblox script?

1 Like

I have figured out why it is so laggy, it turns out every game that I play on Roblox becomes laggy. However I don’t understand why the client memory usage is so high.

2 Likes

perhaps something related to graphics quality?

1 Like

The lag and the ping decrease when I change my graphics quality, but the client memory usage is still extremely high.

1 Like

are you sure every roblox game you play is laggy? try joining a baseplate… and also, most front page games aim for only ~400mb so I’m not sure why it’s that high for you

1 Like

Try searching for un-recognized scripts using the search bar in the explorer. Some plugins have the ability to add scripts without you knowing. Another thing would be to check if you have these lighting properties enabled:
Try changing them to 0, and see if anything changes.

1 Like

Welcome to the infamous Roblox Studio glitches.

Reinstalling usually does the job. In case it does not, make sure to head over to AppData and remove Roblox’s temporary data.

Best regards,
Octonions

1 Like

This was an older topic about a very similar issue, the solution to this one was that it was happening on other games as well.

If this topic doesn’t answer your question then the one titled “Improving Game Performance” linked to that topic may help as well.

1 Like

perhaps your game has too much rbxscriptconnection(s) or loops that cause memory leak.

1 Like

This is a completely new baseplate

OP makes it clear in their post that there is nothing in the game but the baseplate, so no other parts, scripts, connections, etc.

1 Like

Are you by any chance in studio. Studio memory usage is much higher than in game since studio is running a bunch of additional stuff in the background.

Check memory usage on the live game (for future reference).

1 Like

This is only present in studio. Try checking the actual game on the roblox player. The memory usage should be way lower.

1 Like

Any updates on this? having same issue

1 Like

The reason for high client memory usage in studio is because studio uses many other internal scripts. If you were to join a game on an actual server, you would have much less client memory usage than you would in studio.

2 Likes