Client Performance Graphs have No Data

This is not a new bug (has been happening ever since the page was launched) but I didn’t get around to reporting until now.

When I attempt to view Client Frame Rate, Client Memory Usage, or Client Memory Usage Percentage for Lua Learning, I always receive “No data for selected period.”

The other charts work as expected.

I don’t have a repro, but I suspect it’s likely an issue with some of the hacky ways I optimize for 2D rendering. Those tricks are documented here: Creating the most optimized Roblox game- runs at 6000+ FPS!

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/experiences/537069295/analytics/performance?tab=client

9 Likes

Looking into it Zack, thanks for reporting

2 Likes

Hi @boatbomber ,
After investigation, we found the these perf data won’t be sent our for games configured like yours, where there is no player. We are discussing internally how we could support performance graphs for a game like this properly.

Thanks,
FishrotR

1 Like

What do you mean? game.Players is populated with Players, of course. Do you mean spawning character avatars into Workspace? Why would avatars be relevant to tracking and reporting frame rates and memory usage?

2 Likes

Checking back in. Can you elaborate on why not spawning an avatar would prevent analytics? Would it be resolved if I spawned one, killed them, and never let them respawn?

Hope you had a nice winter break! I want to make sure this didn’t get lost over the holidays. Is there any additional information you can share?

1 Like

I added this snippet:

and shortly after publishing, I now have graphs beginning to populate.

The fact that avatars are needed to gather memory analytics still baffles me, but at least I have data now.

4 Likes

Can confirm that spawning the character and then deleting them afterwards is a workaround for this.
I dropped an update a few days ago that remove the usage of Player.Character, and then I dropped another update a few days later that spawns and then deletes the character.

1 Like