Client sided fastcast bullet visuals?

I’m making a gun system that uses fastcast, and I’m wondering what’s the best and simplest way to be able to get the bullets to render on the client? I have done this before with simple raycasts, but not with fastcast, please help

1 Like

I ended up doing this by sending over my caster info to the client on the bullet visualize event and then just creating a seperate caster for the client that purely visualizes the bullets.

Fast Cast is on the server and really isn’t really ideal because projectiles on the server spikes ping. I recommend this as personally I have found it to be the most accurate way to get shots out of a gun on Roblox. It’s really easy to set up only takes like 15 to 20 minutes

I was previously just using basic raycasts, but I couldn’t figure out how to make the bullet travel with normal raycasts (just for visual side)

1 Like

No worries when I’m free I will send you a place that you can try it and learn how it works

Basically, I mean like I got everything working with normal raycasts, but I want to make the bullet actually “move”, not just be a straight line

1 Like

oh okay that’s easy you just need to tween the CFrame instead of instantly moving it to that position. I personally don’t like that because you get instant hit detection when someone has been shot with the raycast and then you can just tween a beam or a particle emitter instead that shows the visual effect. Technically you could tween a part as a bullet and still also have the instant detection with the raycast but I think it looks better with beam/particle emitter it looks more fancy