Client unable to receive data from server

This bug happens when trying to join a game or randomly when playing any game. When joining a game ReplicatedFirst loads fine but after that my client is not receiving any data from the server while at the same time it seems like client to server seems to be working.

This is what I see in client log. Under server I am unable to see anything, under server memory it says “Awaiting Memory Stats”.

Looking at the website it says that I am in the server. Other players are able to see me in game too.

From my side It seems like only ReplicatedFirst loads, workspace is empty and if the game has no loading screen I can only see roblox default skybox.

Sometimes when I am able to load into the game I get disconnected after some time playing. On my side I can still move around but I can’t see other players moving. If I type something in chat I can’t see it but other players see my message.

It seems to have something to do with the roblox servers. Some servers I am stuck on loading and it never connects no matter how many times I try to rejoin. Other servers it connects but disconnects me after a few minutes playing (this is where I can type in chat and other players see the message but I don’t see anything).

I have two networks at home and this seems to only happen on one of them. Same issue when playing on phone. Connecting to the other network everything works fine. I tried disabling firewall on the router etc. and nothing seems to fix this. Other games & apps don’t have any issues on this network and this bug started happening about 2 months ago but yesterday it got a lot worst where I am unable to join some of the games at all.

3 Likes

Hi @brinkokevin,

Thanks for the report, I have messaged you directly for followup / more info regarding this issue.