Clock Tower Build

I created a clock tower scene in studio! The clock tower was fully built and textured by me. The foliage models (i.e. trees, grass, etc) were made by @cafune7 who did a lovely job on this pack :]

I’d appreciate any sort of feedback or critique, from the build to the lighting!

Total or approximate time spent: 5-6 hours

Additional Studio shots

This text will be hidden

19 Likes

Looks lovely! Really impressive for 6 hours

Was the entire thing built using just Studio? (Excluding blender shape kits)
How many parts does it consist of?
Did you go off of a reference?

I don’t have any criticism as the composition itself is done really well and the colors blend in.

Just a few tiny personal nitpicks though;

The angle of the screenshot (presumably close to the ground) makes it seem like the clock is being cut off at the bottom (although I assume it isn’t actually)
My solution to avoid this would be to resize the clock to be a bit smaller so the bottom is visible, might make it look a bit smoother by doing this. (Though maybe that’s just me)

Here, unless I’m missing something and this is how it’s intended to be, it seems that the alignment of the mirrored/rotated sides isn’t entirely accurate, as the right side on the image seems to have more depth to it than the front side, as seen by the wedges that cut through the upper part on one side but don’t on the other. However I also have trouble with aligning when working with big groups such as this, so don’t take this as something crucial!
What I’m pointing out is only small details that otherwise would’ve made the build more perfect than it already is, especially considering this only took you 5/6 hours.

Glad to have seen this today, great job!

2 Likes

Looks great wish i could do that

1 Like

Was the entire thing built using just Studio? (Excluding blender shape kits)

The entire clock tower was built from scratch in studio, so no external 3D software or kits were used. The only 3D models are the foliage which is linked in the original post :wink:

How many parts does it consist of?

These are the parts of the clock tower alone:

Did you go off of a reference?

Yep I used photo references of the Dolmabahçe Clock Tower located in Istanbul, Turkey. Here’s my images:

Really appreciate the comment & glad you pointed out the alignment issues, definitely struggled there a bit :sob:I duplicated and rotated those little wedges 90 degrees but I had to re-position them and I guess the positioning didn’t out too symmetrical all around lol

Also good eye catching the clock! I double checked it and that one was actually placed a little too low so it ended up going through the window :eyes: I resized it so it’s smaller and fits in nicer now

3 Likes

Thank you so muchh, and you can do this for sure! Few years ago I never imagined being able to complete something like this, but you can definitely do this (and even go beyond) by putting time and practice into it :innocent: It also helps to have a lot of inspiration and good references!

1 Like

This clock tower build looks VERY good and realistic! Nice job on it!

1 Like

Thank you much appreciated ! :smile::smile:

dudeeee this is so good! i just stumbled across this

1 Like

How??? This is insane for 6 hours, it looks like you took a photo

1 Like