[CLOSED] 2020 REMOTE Fall Accelerator Opportunity

The feeling when you’re a month and 4 days too young to apply (and join) :pensive:

6 Likes

If you’ll be 18 at the beginning of September, you should be able to participate based on this line:

But if you’ve already taken that into account and that’s what you’re referring to by being a month too young, then disregard this :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Good luck to everybody who applies! This is an amazing opportunity and I am truly rooting for everybody who applies.

3 Likes

Awesome! Sad it’s not in person, but still a very good opportunity.

I’m also looking to apply, but I don’t have a team. If anyone is looking for somebody to apply with, hit me up and I can show off some of my work. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was only talking about how I was going to apply for this 2 days ago.

Time to find a team and add to my portfolio for the next 22 days.

Good luck everyone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a long time Roblox user but I haven’t been looking at how accelerators work since they’ve been mostly US based (or you need to travel to them). But I’m interested now that it is remote.

I do have a question. So let’s say I have a team of people that I would like to apply to be an accelerator with me, and maybe 1 - 2 of them has to go to college on some days (but are able to work if the schedule is flexible). Would it be fine if it was just I, team leader- representing the work for my other team members on the days they are missing? I’m referring to this part:

Like I basically compile their suggestions, gripes, workflow, the stuff they worked on, etc into one big memo that I can present for them?

5 Likes

This got me so excited until I saw that you have to be 18 in september - I turn 18 in the first week of october… D: Hopefully my team and I can be part of something like this in the future though.

6 Likes

Also looking for team members to apply with. Hmu Blizzy#0645

4 Likes

Wow wow wow umm, I have a bunch of questions :grimacing::grimacing: main few would be though,

1. Can we apply before we have a team?

2. What if we have a team, but they are mostly under 18? Are certain members allowed to participte as long as they are over 18?

4 Likes

Looks like you need a team to apply. Tried applying and was asked questions about team. Yeah unfortunately all team members must be 18+, that makes it really difficult to find people lol. Not sure about project details but I assume it’ll be a brand new project.

3 Likes

So is there no mingling thread this round? Last time we had one and it made it easier to get into contact with people.

9 Likes

Sadly, I don’t be 18 until November :frowning:
It would be nice to be a part of this tho. Anyways, good luck to everyone who’s applying!!! This will be an amazing opportunity for developers! :smiley:

6 Likes

It’s probably to avoid legal issues (among minors) since they state that the teams would be receiving compensation. Makes sense. They just want to maintain the curtesy that everybody is responsible for their actions since they’re an adult.

4 Likes

Thank you for all the good luck wishes! I’m definitely going to be applying for this, though it’s a shame there is no mingling thread.

3 Likes

Pardon if this has already been answered, but is there any educational requirement for being part of the accelerator program? As in, do the team members all need to be attending college or to have graduated college? I would assume not, but some people were concerned.

4 Likes

As far as I understand there is no educational requirement no, especially not college as most 18 year-olds wouldn’t even be through a year of college. Though general experience with roblox and game development might be a factor.

4 Likes

Finally! Been waiting to apply for almost 2 years, its simply fantastic Roblox offers this opportunity for developers.

3 Likes

I appreciate the insight. Still waiting on official word…

2 Likes

Hey! A few questions:

• Is this manageable if I’m attending university?

• Are there a specific number of hours you need to work daily/weekly?

Thanks!!

19 Likes

This is awesome! I have three questions: Does Roblox claim copyright for things completed during the program? Can teams cash out their Robux earnings like usual? And what can I do to prepare myself and make a good impression with my application? Especially as team leader.

3 Likes