[CLOSED] [50% or less of Revenue] Looking for another Coder

Hello everyone,

I don’t usually do this but it’s come to the point where this is far too much for a single person such as myself to do. I’m creating a medieval-fantasy-like low-poly game and you can see some of it below.

I’m looking for another coder to take on the tasks for the front-end or back-end aspects of this project and stay dedicated as an equally respected developer.

What you’ll be doing front-end:

• Avatar System(clothing, customization, etc)
  • Tool System(weapon movements, tool selection)
  • Animation System(basic animated movements, weapon movements, UI-based animations)
  • Interactive System(manipulation of game objects, etc)

What you’ll be doing back-end:

• Cross-Server Communication System
  • Data Handling System(saves, loads, etc)
  • Currency System(server-wide)
  • Teleport System(multi-game places)

I could do this all by myself but the time it would take vs the time I actually have is rather depressing. Furthermore, I’m looking for a higher level person to take on such a task; I’d prefer if the candidate is currently enrolled or will be enrolled in college/university during Fall of 2019. If you’re struggling to pay your college debt(like me!), I’d love to consider you.

I know that payment these days is a big need but as a college kid and a person who’s barely on the platform, I don’t have enough to pay you. Instead, I hope that the dedication you put into this can equate to the return profit you may or may not get. Every game, during this stage, faces similar issues. Sorry if I don’t live up to your fanciness.

It’s implied that you’d be getting a cut of the game earnings which can be anywhere from 50% or below.

Demo of the Inventory System(Yes, the UI was made by me):

Image of a kingdom I personally designed w/o a reference:
RobloxScreenShot20190423_165803301

Related images for the game(will be converted to low-poly):

2 Likes

It would be nice if you could add a percentage to the job posting even if it’s just an estimate or it’s negotiable.

You gotta also add your contacts like DevForum, or discord, at the bottom!..

And you can check this template to see how everything works.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/template-for-public-recruitment-topics/153773/9

It’s implied that it’s negotiable.

Good advice. However, I rather keep it contained in here. Discord tends to overflow my DMs and there’s a chance that I’ll miss a response.

Creating a separate discord for business may be the only solution to your problem. I’ve also used alternative social media platforms (that I don’t use to socialize) solely for business so I can get ahold of my clients at a faster rate compared to discord.

You’re correct every start up across roblox does experience it, however as the old saying goes “Life isn’t fair”. If you’re looking for someone to work based off of % within a saturated market than you’ll be waiting awhile.

I recommend hiring based on their motives not their skillset solely. While skill is essential to development, nothing is worse than a member of your team abandoning the project.

You’ve got skillsets the majority of project leaders lack therefore you have an upper hand over the competition. However you mustn’t be foolish as credibility can easily be altered negatively or positively depending on what you do. Marketing is a self explanatory skill as programming and 3D modeling is, so I hope you’ve done your research. Best of luck to you and your team!

1 Like

You can’t assume people can work off of implications. You need to include a threshold or foundation of pay to work from, whether that’s upfront or a percentage. Your thread has no indication of pay and on the topic of the thread, this also comes off as a giant text wall with no organisation to it. That’s two things that make this job offer unappealing already.

2 Likes

Well said. Very much true. I rather wait a little longer for those few people in same or similar situations.

I’ve edited the post to reflect a change regarding this.

The highlight of this post, so to speak, is not to make a grand wall of text that looks professional. Doing so would saturate the point of this post. It’s to point out what I’m asking for, what I’ve done thus far and what a candidate can bring to the table in a transparent, to-the-point tone.

1 Like

Question regarding the cross server communication, will an external server be setup which can be pinged with Http service, or will we have to work with what roblox has given us?

Second of all, where do I contact you for this opportunity?

I’m using a mix between cache-based storage to minimize the amount of requests sent and firebase to save and interact w/ between servers. Reason being is that I dislike datastores very much and refuse to work w/ them.

As far as contacting goes, My discord is Sanjay#3282 or you can DM me on here. Whatever works.

1 Like

My mistake. I have edited the original post to remedy this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.