[Closed] [5000 R$ Task] - Retrieve all the accessories from the Catalog

The Task
Simply retrieve every accessory (hat) from the catalog, ignoring accessories off-sale of hidden. The accessory must:

1. Contain the corresponding Mesh
  2. Contain a value of its CatalogId

The final product would be an organised collection of Handle parts containing all the necessary instances. Something similar to this:

Example
Essentially something like this, but including the accessory’s CatalogId: 8100 ROBLOX Accessories - Roblox

Reward
I’ll reward the first person to complete this task 5000 R$ payed via group funds. Please PM if interested.

3 Likes

So basically… you want to get EVERY SINGLE ITEM off the WHOLE catalog… into your game???

Im confused… What would we do for items with ID’s like “?” as for the random items? Also how would we do faces?

2 Likes

Add it to a part

Thats insane for 5k. Do you realise how long this would take?

1 Like

It’s a good deal for someone that likes to waste time, I guess /shrug

a lot of time.

I’m only looking for the accessories (hats), and you wouldn’t have to worry about accessories off sale of hidden.

What about deleted items?

Oh! That makes more sense lmao. That would take a long time… Lol

I’m willing to revise the reward if need-be

Why would you even need to do this? A new catalog Heaven?

I need to retrieve the CatalogIds for a huge collection of accessories to be used within characters for a morph system of mine. I’ll be using this collection of accessories to compare my own collection against, then updating their catalog Id accordingly.

You should go ahead and try the “Catalog Heaven” catalog script, and/or the RHS catalog. As both have both of those, without the difficult work of getting every item from the catalog.

Personally I would want to be payed enough for a devex to spend practically every minute of the day for a week downloading every accessory. This task is really tedios. You have to realize that practically every few days a new accessory comes out, right? There must be hundreds if not more than a thousand pages of them.

2 Likes

5000 Robux is unreasonable. 5000 robux is readily comparable to roughly 18 bucks. There is 432 pages of items the catalog created by Roblox with 30 on each page. That’s 12,931-12,960 items roughly. Judging how this process can do roughly 3 pages nonstop an hour, it will take 144 hours of work—18 days of 9-5 work.

If you’re going to ask for this, I highly suggest you up your offer drastically.

Why does everyone think this is a process that requires days of manual labor…? :thinking:

This simply requires a web proxy and a script that can go through all of the catalog data to insert all of the desired objects.

(not at my computer atm, but the method I personally used was based on one of those catalog GUIs in free models)

10 Likes

The task has been (mostly) completed by @brinkokevin

Anyone looking for something similar can have a free copy here:

hats.rbxl (176.5 KB)

(I’ll be updating it as the final hats are retrieved)

@LuckyTux @nurgenius As @Cindering explained, the task involves minimal amount of work, with most of the process being automated. I’m essentially paying for skill and a few minutes of the individuals time.

4 Likes

I’m not sure, but I would think he needed someone to code a bot which does this.

Doing it manually, then I’d increase the price to about $1000

1 Like

$1000? You are kidding right? He offered 5k robux, we thought of that as low. But $1000 USD is way too much. Also it has been resolved in a matter of minutes.

I was stating that doing this manually where the user would have to spend 144 hours

It’s just the bare minimum. With $14 / ho this would be $2016.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.