Pixelized Games / A studio imagining what others can’t
The team at PG (Pixelized Games) is hiring an entry-level programmer to suffice our game’s core code.
Please note: This position is only for Programmers and or/ scripters. We currently are not hiring any other positions.
We’re hiring one entry-level employee to work full-time, or if terms apply part-time for QuestMaster.
A few aspects of the game before you click off: Everything in the game is completed- we just need you to help us!
We, at PG are improving the classic genre of roblox games, including obby’s and tycoons and making something new. QuestMaster is a non-realistic simulation of choosing your own path in a situation, and discovering the secrets that lie in between those paths. Currently, every story for the game has been written for levels 1-3, and all of the building has been completed in advance.
Let me just state, this is a very easy, fun, and exciting opportunity. We’re offering one person 65k + 35% of the game profits of QuestMaster. 10-25K upfront payment may be permitted once you have completed these requirements:
- Have shown clear proof of skill and ability to be able to script the core code of QuestMaster.
- Have completed the standard, 3 day intern process for new applicants.
- Ability to work at least 6 hours a week, with a standard 1hr/day & days break.
- Own a discord account and able to come online regularly to report updates.
- Displayed a portfolio or showcase of past works via Discord.
- Displayed sources of past employers. We will not hire anyone new to the platform!
- Have shown clear, organized and professional collaboration skills.
The Intern process is a 3-day process that tests your collaboration, teamwork, scripting, and other skills before we hire you fully. You will not get access to anything in the group until your internship has been approved.
Upfront payment may be provided upon request once you have programmed for a minimum of 5 days.
This is to prevent running off, stealing, or scamming our group. Please, if your only interested because you want to take the upfront payment and work very little after that then we won’t even consider you.
More information regarding the position
QuestMaster is simulating a virtual story with many possible choices.
For example, the first story is labeled “The Mall”. You start out as a security guard in the mall- and the different answers and the ways you play is dependent upon the outcome of the story. Very similar to a “story-mode” in some games, except there’s multiple endings and many secrets along the way.
Everything is completed- but not yet polished. Characters, SFX, Songs, Level 1-3 maps, UI, and all of the art is finished and primarily finalized.
What does the work look like? The work is very, very simple and straightforward. We tell you exactly what to do, you show us it afterward and we judge it. About 5% of the current level 1 map has been programmed by a resigned programmer, due to them not having enough time to complete it.
Deadlines? We expect you to get Alpha (level 1) out by March 28th at the latest. As the UI, sound effects, and everything else has been finished for level 1 this should be no sweat. For organization we use a discord chat to organize what to do, and when we should do it, and when we should have it done by.
When alpha releases, we plan to have:
- Hint purchases. Hints are used to help a player complete a story or pathway. They can purchase a one for a small amount, or a package for a large amount. They can also earn them via achievements.
- Skip purchases. Skips are used in giving the player a free-pass to the next task, or even the whole level. There’s about 10-15 tasks in each pathway (10 pathways).
- Gamepass purchases (VIP, Unlimited Hints, 2x Speed, Unlock all Levels [not required to purchase via keys, unlock all automatically], 2x Coins, Gravity Boots, and finally Taskmaster. These gamepasses and much more will be explained later on.
- Coin purchases & key purchases. Coins are used to buy new pets, trails, hints, and cosmetic gears. Keys are used to unlock new levels.
- Level 1 fully completed with all pathways finished, and the lobby scripted to support level 1 with a shop to buy cosmetics, then finally rewards & the shop to buy devproducts.
- Badges [the secret badges in level 1, the time spent in game badges, milestone badges etc.]
You will be scripting these main concepts:
- NPC click to chat
- Several character chat combinations and different responses randomly for each one
- 10 different unique pathways in Level 1
- Camera Placement Scripting [Important part of the job]
- Hint Purchasing, Key & Coin Purchasing, Gamepass Purchasing, and all the others.
- Shop [in lobby] and pets/trails/cosmetics transferred via datastore to the level.
- Data DOES save, so make sure you have a good background on datastores before you apply.
- Lots more scripting to explain- but why put it all in this one big jumbled post.
An example of a task we may provide
Example of a task provided to you
*Yeah, I know it’s really idiotic of them right? I would help you myself to get out of the office but it’s my lunch break and I really don’t care.
(click to continue)
Anyways, I’ve got something for you to do when you get out of here. Someone’s been smart since we opened this mall and have been stealing our art collection piece by piece. I need you to find out who it is. Up to the task?
(if the player says yes, this happens)
Great! Head to the art shop and talk to the people there to see what they know. Come back to me when you’ve found the culprit for these robberies. Oh, and try using the ladder to get out of a ceiling tile. That might help.(edited)
(if the player says no, this happens)
Well, okay. I guess I’ll do it myself. I have one more task for you though. There’s been some ruckus going on near the shoe store and the phones store, and we think that the shoes store is trying to drive the phones store out of business. We need you to confirm this for us. Are you able to help?
(if the player says yes, this happens)
That’s great! Before you go, you should know the shoes store is going under renovations. Why? How should I know? I don’t run the shops here. Talk to the people around the mall if they know anything. Come back to me when you’ve got evidence.(edited)
(if the player says no, this happens)
I have nothing else for you to do right now, then. Talk to the other guys to see if they need something, or explore the office / mall if your bored.
the player should NOT be able to pick up any tools or do anything except talk to the other guards while the player is looking around after tyler says Take a look around or talk to one of the guys. The other security guards introduce themselves, but nothing else happens.
– -- – -- – -- – --
Sample images regarding the art, ui, and the builds will be posted upon request.
Alpha will be released for paid access of R$25 for level 1[March 28th], and then once the first 3 levels are completed in full it will be released for free BETA. After Beta is completed, you may or may not stay for more levels. Completely your choice.
@OfficiallyPixel - Project Lead, Story Writer, Lead Builder
@PieRicky - Graphic Art [Gamepasses, badges, devproducts]
@TheBordIdentity - Music Composer, Sound Effects
Various Users - Testers
[We use discord as our main means of communication. Contact OfficiallyPixel#4553 on discord to apply for this position. Attach a portfolio or showcase of works & past employers]
You may setup your individual means of payment by messaging us with your suggestion, or you can use our suggested payment methods (negotiable).
- 65K R$ + 35% of the total game revenue
- 40k R$ + 40% of the total game revenue
- 15k R$ upfront + 50k R$ upon completion of Alpha & 35% of the game profits
- 10k R$ upfront + 30k R$ upon completion of Alpha & 40% of the game profits
We’re very sorry for the extraordinarily long post- but we just can’t get our description out in one message.