[CLOSED] Apply to the Winter Holiday Sort!

Thank you, I am excited for this because hopefully this will be an opportunity to promote my experience.

1 Like

Yeah I ran into the same issue, I just linked em’ with Gyazo

2 Likes

Can you also use discord attachments link?

2 Likes

I applied on behalf of a group I develop for. Is that going to affect the experience’s chance of being accepted to the sort?

3 Likes

I spoke to a buddy of mine, that’s what they did. Not sure if Roblox Staff will view them.

1 Like

How will I know if my experience was verified and will be apart of the event?

1 Like

Thank you for providing this excellent opportunity! Thank goodness I already released my Christmas Update.

1 Like

I filled my application in and can’t wait to see the results of who entered and who didn’t. This is very fascinating to be a part of and hope to get this very chance again! :slight_smile:

Hi, I wasn’t sure how to add screenshots on the application so here they are:

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

why does it need my age. cant it take it from my roblox account?

I just posted my photos on Twitter and simply inserted a link. :smiley:

To make it easier for roblox moderation.
Applied as well, good luck to everyone.

3 Likes

I’m not very sure about 9th question. Does it mean that you have any assets which you have copyright license for or does it mean that you use others’ assets (for example: toolbox)?

I submitted my game to this sort! Can’t wait to see all the amazing Christmas and Winter themed games and would be thrilled to see Coast’s Christmas update on there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Anything copyrighted by someone like music mostly is what its asking (Everything that’s free in toolbox is not copyrighted)

1 Like

That is not remotely accurate, you can’t make presumptions that anything in toolbox is free to use.
Just because someone uploaded it there, doesn’t mean they own the rights to it and didn’t just steal it from someone else.
Though this is generally seen as intellectual property not copyright.

You know that in the toolbox anything that’s inside there = everyone can use because you are literally asking people to use your model and also equals to non copyrighted material, but if you got it without toolbox then you have to know if it’s copyrighted or not.

1 Like

If I steal someones content, and upload it to the toolbox, that does not make it free to use, it just means I, the person who stole it, say it is free to use.

The vast majority of meshes on Roblox are just downloaded off the internet rather than original, the licenses for which often mean you can only use them for personal or non-commercial use. If you use these meshes from the toolbox in your game you are unknowingly violating the licenses of those meshes.

Though equally, the risk to anyone taking those models or meshes is minimal, as Roblox have often said once something is on the toolbox they won’t take down any related stolen content as its readily available.

To go by your music example, if some random person uploads a popular song, and it gets pasts Roblox’s copy protection, if you use it in your game you can still end up with some serious problems, the “oh I had no idea it wasn’t free to use” excuse is pretty worthless in most cases.

This has to be the case though, otherwise you can just upload stolen content on alts, put it as a free, take it on your main, and then claim you had no idea it was stolen.

Oh wait this is literally how people get away with game theft right now…

Anyway I’m going off on a tangent.
You should not use any assets from toolbox that you do not know the origin of for any large game, it may well come back to bite you in the future.

1 Like

Had to take the game I applied for offline a couple of hours. Due a game breaking bug. I hope it didn’t have an impact on my application as I set as release date 13th of December but due the bug it was on 14th of December. (Now of posting this post)

1 Like

It’ll be fine, my game is on a countdown and updates in like an hour you just have to already be updated or updated today.