[Closed] Destroyer878878 - Scripting Portfolio

About Me

Hi, I’m des. I currently spend my time here as a scripter on Roblox. I have been a roblox scripter for over 2 years, though I have been familiar with Studio for much longer. I used to do building up until I decided to switch things up. I made my first roblox account in 2013 and made this one in 2014.

Some of my work

I would rather not post my work here, you might want to contact me for that instead. However, I can post that I have made a Mission system, a squad system, a bounty system and worked on other things for this game https://www.roblox.com/games/2580940356/Naruto-Online-Destiny-2-GEN-RELEASE (But only group members can join and you can only join if you’re selected in a generation so I would need to PM you my work anyways.)

I have two GIFs of some of my work though:
Here you can see the “Kill random player” mission from the mission system I made.
https://gyazo.com/7ca2db971b049d132b380da850eaff2e

And here you can see my squad system. I invite a player, try to kill the player who is now a squad member (which doesnt work) then i leave the squad and show that you can deal damage to non squad members after leaving a squad.
https://gyazo.com/3e52fdd14537cf68ce43f86b1954f69f

What I Have Coding Experience With:

• Swords
  • Spells/Abilties
  • Squad/Party Systems
  • Mission/Quest Systems (like kill random player, find object, kill a certain amount of NPCs, etc)
  • Level Systems
  • Tweening (explosions and things like moving GUIs for those who don’t know)
  • Coding GUIs
  • Advanced DataStore, in fact I use Kampfkarren’s module based on berezaa’s technique which works very well How to use DataStore2 - Data Store caching and data loss prevention
  • Advanced AIs. I made an AI that basically pathfinds its way to a certain point, attacks any enemy that gets too close and attacks targets when they get too close. (you can also dodge… like really dodge) It’s kind of similar to Fantastic Forntier’s regarding attacks. Also some Ais that can use cool abilities like fireballs, meteors and other cool spells.
  • round systems. Capture the flag, Controller, King Of the Hill, etc.
  • Other things

Availability

I am no longer for hire. Regarding my schedule, i can work about 2 hours during the week days and around 3 to 4 hours on the weekend days.

Payment

For long term projects, I like to also get a % on the specific game. I only take robux.

Contact

You can contact me here on the devforum, but i would rather to be contacted on Discord. My Discord is des#7381 just send a request and i will be accepting.

Thanks for reading.

7 Likes

Hi des,

The list you provided of things you’re competent/experienced with is impressive, and I’m sure it’ll pique the interest of quite a few potential employers here. However, I’d recommend adding examples of your work, whether that be in the form of photos, gifs, videos, or direct-links to places.

An instrumental part of a resume/portfolio is providing examples of your work, so that potential employers can see evidence to back up any claims you make. It allows employers to get a better understanding of what you mean when you use broad phrases like “Swords” or “Spells/Abilities”. It might also save you time as many employers will have to ask you for examples of your work before hiring you, so providing examples upfront can cut-down the duration of the interview.

I’d be quite interested to see what your Advanced AIs look like, but the only work you’ve provided is essentially inaccessible to the public, as most people don’t have the time to join a group and obtain a specific rank just to be able to visit the group’s place.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I added some examples.

2 Likes