[Closed] Hiring long term lead scripter [250 USD] + [10%] and a long term assistant modeler [150 USD] + [7.5%] for octothorpe

About Me

Hi there! I am a Co-Owner and recruiter of Octothorpe, a development team looking to recruit a lead scripter and a assistant modeler.

About the game

The game will be a hitman - based game where the player will do “missions” which will be solo or multiplayer (the first ones for the game release will be solo) where they will have to kill (a) target(s), and maybe do some other things (My team and I are still deciding on some concepts).

Positions

Available Positions

Filled Positions

• Lead scripter

About The Job

General Attributes

You will be expected to be hard working, motivated, and ready to work at almost all the time, at least for the release. You will have to have a timezone between UTC - 7 and UTC - 3, and be 13 or up (for most cases).

Lead Scripter

Attribute Requirements

You will be expected to have had at least 2 years of experience, know how to write clean code, and follow certain formatting rules in your code as instructed.

What you will need to do

During the release, you will need to be ready to work very hard to get it out, as you will be playing a huge role in the release of the game.

Afterwards, you will be required to help do updates and other things.

The systems for the game that you will need to script include:

• Player Actions (Crawling, Crouching, Sprinting)
  • E and F to interact (Interaction System)
  • Gun / Weapon System + Inventory System
  • Mission System
  • Teleportation System (Part of mission system)
  • NPC System
  • DataStore System
  • A few extra things

Extra Note (Do read though)

I know this looks like a lot, but I have good scripting skills, and although I won’t be doing a lot of scripting (because I am busy with other things, hence why I am looking for someone), I will be there to assist you on certain things if needed or to speed up the game release.
Also, you won’t have to create a really big version of everything, and some things on that list might even only need to be started on. After the first release, the hope is that you will start getting paid a lot more from the percent.

Assistant Modeler

Attribute Requirements

You must have experience in an external program such as Blender. You must know how to UV unwrap for texturing, and your models must have good topology(all quads). You must be able to hard surface model, with all models fitting within the Roblox 10k triangle limit, with most models being well under this limit.

What you will need to do

During the release, you will need to be ready to work very hard to get it out, as you will be playing a huge role in the release of the game.

Afterwards, you will be required to help do updates and other things.

The types of meshes for the game that you will need to script include:

• Guns / Weapons
  • Character Accessories
  • Props

Payment

Scripter

For the 35 days that take place before the game’s release, you will be paid a daily percent of $250.00 USD, based on a percent of how much you got done out of everything that day. Let’s say you do 1 / 25 of everything needed from you in one day. Well, you will be paid 1 / 25 of $250.00 USD which is, $10.00 USD. So, how you earn your money is up to you (The goal would be to do one hour a day and then earn 10.00 an hour). The others and I will decide what “percent” of everything you have done during that day at the end of your shift. However, even though how you earn you money is up to you, if the others and I don’t see you working hard enough, and it doesn’t look like you are making good enough progress, or you are just not qualified for the job, then you will be fired.

I know that $250.00 might seem a little small for 35 days of hard work, but the hope is that the percent will come back and compensate you. Plus, as stated earlier, you won’t be doing the entire advanced final versions of the systems, just some basics for the first release, and I will be there to help you with some stuff.

After the 35 day period ends, you will be paid with equity / percent (might rise a little): 10%

Modeler

For the 35 days that take place before the game’s release, you will be paid per asset you make. You will be paid $2.50 to $10.00 USD per asset you make, based on how hard the asset is to make. You will most likely need to create around 20 - 25 assets, as the max amount of money we will pay you $150.00 USD.

After the 35 day period ends, you will be paid with equity / percent (might rise a little): 7.5%

Extra Note

If you have any questions, you can post them in the replies, but do NOT reply to this post asking questions that were already answered within the post; that will just make you less of someone I want to hire.

Contact Us

You can apply using the following form: https://forms.gle/eP9AcY9ZUsHmhbeS6
You can also post in messages if you applied using the form to help me figure out who is who, but do NOT reply to this post saying that I can go DM you at your discord, when I stated how you are supposed to apply above.

I will post who was picked on this topic within 12 hours (You can turn notifications on to know when!)

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Please fill out the form instead.

I filled out the form, however I found it necessary to send my portfolio as well.

1 Like

We are still looking for assistant modelers! If you are a modeler and want to be paid big USD then fill out the form.

I have looked over all of the applications, and the lead scripter will be Manuel! Thanks to everybody else who applied, and even though I didn’t pick you, you still did a great job.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.