[CLOSED] Horror story game! (subway)

How did you make the cut scenes?

The train sounds blew my ears off.

I believe that he used a plugin.

Thats what i though though i think he has scripted the cutscenes himself.

The cutscenes are scripted myself they arent hard to make. Just change the camera to scriptable and change the cframe of the camera and camera subject to a part.

How did you get them to active at a certain time, was it when a player touched a part or something else?

Pretty good game ! I enjoyed my time :smiley: some stuff I noticed :

Good luck with your game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just used waits for ex. wait(2) then it switches to the next scene

Alright, we will try and fix this next update

This is such a cool game, combining the aspects of a story game and a 1 player. It’s amazing!

Maybe redesign the UI, using better fonts and maybe round your frames!

Apart from that, this game is really looking good! Best of luck for the future.

1 Like

When I have free time, I’ll definitely check it out!! I’ll probably edit this same post. @Nistrict

Edit: Nice game! I have some suggestions.

1st - Dialogue: I do love the realism of the dialogue of our detective type character. Although I feel like the amount our character talks can take a little bit away from the tension that the game was starting to have as your character goes lower and lower into the subway. He seems to relaxed for any single person would be. This could cause some player-character disconnection, as the player of the game doesn’t believe that they would react that way.

2nd - Tension(scary level whatever lol): I definitely see your direct inspiration on P.T. in this game. P.T. has an amazing way of creating Tension unlike any other. But I find that in your game, the jump-scare only comes on the second level. Jump-scares are the best when you’ve created an extreme amount of Tension and build up and dread for the player until the release/Scare. Add more and more levels, and make it clear that things are definitely getting worse, and they WILL DEFINITELY GET JUMP-SCARED! The more tension before the jump-scare, the better the jump-scare becomes!

3rd - Audio: The audio isn’t bad by any means, but if you spread out the audio into the deeper levels, maybe like sinister laughing or crying of babies, which taps into the human sense of a baby crying being bad, into our psychological fear.

Nothing bad about the story! Although I was a little confused on how we’re going to a crime scene that happened 15 years ago. Maybe I’m getting it wrong.

Overall, great game! Just me rambling a little bit LOL.

Thanks for testing everyone! I will get a lot of this fixed and add your suggestions (just a few). Anyways im gonna close this forum! Thank you for taking your time to test.

2 Likes