[CLOSED] Horror story game! (subway)

I was wondering if you could check out my game!
https://www.roblox.com/games/5558451164/subway

12 Likes

not gonna lie i really love the vibe i was getting from that game i think one feedback i can give you is to play with the lighting abit more and to add some LED lights around the tunnel just so people can get an idea where the like is coming from plus it’s way to bright especially in the tunnel but besides that i love the idea!

2 Likes

The lighting was the only thing that really changed it, since there is the new “Future” lighting it looks a ton better in studio than in the actual game. In game it is just using shadow map. Cant wait for the new lighting to release.

4 Likes

Really nice, good job! I like the lighting with this too.

3 Likes

ah i see! well i hope to see more improvement later then, wish you the best of luck!

3 Likes

why are calling the subway trains busses? is that like what they are called in other countries?
Otherwise very cool, you might get in trouble for the blood, but its not too gruesome so hopefully no kids will complain.

2 Likes

Damn, I think playing this at nearly 12am made it more scary! But it gave me them horror vibes I absolutely hate but it definitely works and makes that atmosphere! Going down the basements really did make me turn a little bit haha. Nice use of ambience and music to make that really tense, creepy atmosphere! Only main thing is the build, it needs a lot of work as it was really basic and not that detailed. But the scripting was also good with the sound effect when the text appeared on the screen (made it even more eerier!) Well done, and good luck on it! :smiley:

Wow! Thats a cool game, Good Job! but u can make it more scary. :slight_smile:

Thanks! And I also did try to make it more scary.

The only thing was I had to remove some content do to some lighting bugs… but when I get a lot more done I can add a lot more spooky aesthetics.

Here’s a good video that can help you.

Loved your game, it REALLY has talent.
Fear of the unknown is scarier than anything else. I think you should use this to your game and remove the cliché jumpscare of a pretty bad looking “doll” or at the least, change it to something else.

Here’s the things that need improving:

• The train could use more work to look scarier or like an actual train. A run down train would be cool if it’s a station, the current train only fits if it’s a modern underground facility and it has some scaling issues. Personally, not my preference.
  • Some of the building is lacking (the train, monitors, chairs…)
  • Some of the lighting is so dark I couldn’t see where I was going
  • The undertale talking sound is really out of place… takes the scariness out of the game
  • Some of the dialogue is redundant, like “AAAAAAAAAH GET ME OUT OF HERE!”

I really really think your game will become very successful if you try. As it stands now, it’s your average horror game with cliches. Jumpscare,blood,darkness… silence is the best thing you could go with. The player not saying anything, just heavy breathing and steps. You could even add a running part for when enemies chase you (if this is the direction you’d want to take your game in, I have a lot of ideas)

Overall good game. Has potential.

2 Likes

The game is really good. Although it could use some aesthetic tweaks like the actual train, maybe add some windows and seats like a real train, and play around with lighting more as some replies already stated.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, it was pretty good, with all the horror aspects. However I believe that you could add more to the station, the monster, and lighting (flickering lights can make it more suspensful). Perhaps also add a backstory to why the character is stuck in the station in the first place. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies everyone, my builder and I will try and work very hard to get your suggestions in!

First off the story starts off stupid why would u keep getting on the train? Second it’s too dark when u get off train and you don’t know IF your walking or not because of the darkness.Third you need. Abuilding everything is so bland and boring and the chair look like you put know effort into,then if you look at subway it do not even have a door and no seatsimage
it also needs more than one cart,maybe 2 or three,there’s a lot that need to be done so it doesn’t look like it was mad in 2013,Othman than that I like the scripts

1 Like

Hello, again! Im here to say I added a new backstory! I wouldnt say its much but it adds a bit less confusion to whats happening in the story! subway - Roblox

Ah yes you updated the game, however there are still little aspects that need to be fix.

First of all, why would the character be smiling at a moster?

Then the dude with the wings need to be fix.

Then the second time I went in the game, the first cutscene glitched from the kid jumping in the bus station to the main charcter without finishing the conversation.

This is a good bug fix place. Thanks for saying these bugs.

1 Like

I fixed the wing bug and cutscene bug, but I still cant tell how to make different emotions on the player decal? Since your description says you are a builder you might not understand this, but right now im just using GetUserThumbnailAsync() basically meaning it takes the players thumbnail only so I cant really change the faces off the character unless I were to take different pictures of my character… I could try and do this the only thing is that this would take a lot of effort. But thank you for telling me this.

1 Like

Hello! I have made a pretty big update I gotta say! I added multiplayer so now you can go with your friends in the game! I also added a new storyline and a better story. It makes more sense. I also fixed some train bugs! Here is the game: subway - Roblox

Edit: I might make a new post about this.