[CLOSED] - No longer Hiring Map Builders for Horror puzzle game

Paradigm Games is looking for builders to create compelling maps for our upcoming asymmetrical horror survival game “Dread”

About The Job

We are looking for professional builders to create horror puzzle maps that:

• can host up to 6 players
  • can be completed within 10 minutes.
  • are no larger than 480*480 studs ( 2 minutes when walking around it fully at walkspeed = 16), vertical design can be included and is usually encouraged.

We already have a list of maps which you can pick to work on, but if you have your own idea for what you can build, we’re open to working with your idea.

We also expect high quality builds that adhere to our game’s style.

Click here for further details and examples
  • The style would rely on default Roblox materials with custom textures used sparingly. Good lighting makes this ultimately look “realistic”. We are still going for mobile compatibility - so don’t clutter the workspace with useless detail or have detail focused in one spot only, spread it evently.

• Unions are absolutely not allowed while building. Either use meshparts or work around the need for unionoperations it with some extra parts or smart thinking with optical illusions.

• Maps require at least 2 exits to work up to by solving puzzles. This is done in order to prevent camping.

• Props are either imported from the Roblox Avatar Shop or custom made. Prominently used materials are concrete, slate, glass, marble and wood.

• Vegetation reliant on semi-transparency is not allowed, since they’re bad for performance and allow for texture clipping.

• The game uses Rthro scaling with a custom rig used for scaling reference, this will be provided once you start building.

Nolan Manor - Roblox

Expectations

Must-Haves for Applicants
• An applicant should have at least 3 years of experience building in Roblox Studio
• Good communication skills are necessary, since we’re working in a team.

Nice to haves for Applicants:
• Has experience with creating custom mesh as well as texturing
• Is interested in providing content after release

Deadline

You’ll be given a time frame of 3 weeks to finish a map once you start building it.

Payment

We are paying 150,000 R$ per map via group funds. I haven’t worked out a possibility for USD equivalent payments yet, but I’ll provide that when possible (don’t expect it soon though).

Contact Info

If you’re interested, you can message me on discord, twitter or here on the devforums. Include images of your previous work.

Discord: Maxx_J#7549
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Maxx_JNM

Feel free to reply with any questions or comments.

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Contact me.

1 Like

Baitem-Building portfolio Interested in discussing

I’m a highly skilled modeler and I’m also fairly good with building, i’m REALLY interested in working for you. Here are some examples of my work. I am willing to make these using only custom created meshparts and custom made models. I

Examples

I can provide more examples on Discord aswell.

Really looking forward to working with you, I’ve added you over on discord, im jakeee#6454

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.